Calvert Cliffs weekend

Ropterus

The wife and I spent our anniversary weekend in Chesapeake Beach hunting shark teeth and fossils at Bayfront Park. We had a great time! Most of the teeth were small, with the biggest being a decent Mako about 1.25". After Saturday, we ended up with 405 shark teeth, a couple small porpoise teeth a handful of small shark verts, a few porpoise verts, a fishtail vert, a small stingray tail, ray plates and several pieces of bone that look like ribs. As soon as I figure out how to get my pics under 2MB, I will put them up for everyone to see. You guys were right. Going around that first point was the key. Also learned to never stop looking. My biggest tooth was found out in the open, after at least 20 people walked past it. Couldn't believe it!!! Thanks again for all the help and suggestions everyone gave me in my last post.

Forgot to add, that we had to leave today (Sunday) to come home but we were able to stay till around lunch, and although it was a high tide, still managed to find quite a few teeth, a few small verts and ray plates, and some more bone fragments.

Sounds like you had a great time and came home with quite a haul. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

The easiest way to resize your images is to email them to your self. You should be asked to resize or have an option for it.

Best regards,

Paul

...I'm back.

Here's a few pics from what we picked up on Saturday. I resized them so hopefully they turn out ok. Teeth aren't really in groups. It was a long day and this was the best we could do. Haha. Hotel room light wasn't the best either. One of the verts isn't fossilized and we picked up a few other interesting pieces as well. post-20548-0-90432100-1457949814_thumb.jpgpost-20548-0-99831800-1457949852_thumb.jpgpost-20548-0-52228700-1457949885_thumb.jpgpost-20548-0-48273400-1457949901_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ropterus

Looks like a productive trip for you!

I like the fish Hypural bone, and the vertebral epiphyses.

Thanks for posting.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Nice mix of teeth you should be very happy. Love those cliffs, if you hit the wave action just right and tide it's a good day, like yours.

The first time we went, we only found a few dozen teeth, so this last time more than makes up for it. Takes a while to "get the eye" for it. I also must say that we talked to and met so many nice people from many different places. Everyone was friendly and willing to offer advice and tips on what works best for them. Really was a great weekend.

• 1 month later...

Happy anniversary! Great finds. We can't wait to get back there again with the zodiac.