UK Dino Prints or Not

judgesteve

Just hoping really (I am persistent if nothing else) but could someone please put me out of my misery on these two photos.

Regards

Steve

post-20919-0-79688200-1457900495_thumb.jpg

post-20919-0-15133900-1457900534_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that could you explain that so I can use the info as a guide while out please

Fossil Oysters,I think.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

The second one is a possible (I believe that it's deformed sediment rather than oyster) - I've been shown stegosaur footprints at Saltwick that are the same sort of shape but I'm very bad at spotting them...

See the top of this page:

http://www.northeast-geolsoc.50megs.com/pages/page83report-saltwick-whitby2011.htm

Edited by TqB

Tarquin

Thanks for that could you explain that so I can use the info as a guide while out please

I think that what he means is that the bedding plane (in the first image, anyway) of the sediment appears to be at right angles to the "track". The features are probably due to weathering.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thats a great article thank you I will be returning with for another look and take more photos.

I'm referring to this...what I think is an internal view of an oyster valve with the multilayered structure and the hinge region visible at bottom-right: post-17588-0-20791400-1457904634_thumb.jpg

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library