Esconi 2016 Mazon Braceville date?

NormanGrubb

I recently spent about 10 hours surface collecting in pit 11 on the south unit of the Mazon-braidwood state wildlife area and honestly didn't have much success. I'm wondering if anyone knows when Esconi plans to have their first outing to the private pile in Braceville?

If you're a member, you'll see it posted on our website. If you go to the paleontology meetings it will be announced. If it's not posted, there isn't a set date yet.

Welcome to the forum...

Best regards,

Paul

Edited by Raggedy Man

...I'm back.

Welcome to the forum, Norman. It's typically held in late May. And then again in late September. If you plan another trip back out to the south unit hit me up before you go. I may be able to put you on more productive areas. I've been out there twice this season already, and have about eight gallons of nods to show for it.

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.

My first few trips to the South Unit were also almost completely fruitless, but I went again this month with a better idea where to search and came home with about 3 gallons from 6 hours of searching. I'm sure the folks here will get you on the right path!

Edited by deutscheben

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I plan to return next wknd to try my luck again. Honestly, I might just pick up some of the major slabs of granite that pop up in those spoil piles. I've neve seen such beautiful granite before my trip to Mazon/braidwood