Tate Conference

jpc

Hello Fossil Fans-

I have mentioned this a few times, but it was always buried in some other discussion, so here ya's go...

We here at the Tate Museum are having our annual Tate Conference in June (5th through 7th) and I would like to invite all y'all to consider attending. The topic this year is "Fossil Preparation". A few of us (me and some volunteers) attended the First Annual Fossil Prepartation and Collecions Symposium at Petrified Forest last year. It was grand. And we even learned a thing or two. So I decided that we would host the Second Annual etc etc. The link is

http://www.caspercollege.edu/tate/index.html

Click on the tabs for "activities" and "summer conference". Check it out. The conference includes a day of workshops, a day of talks and a day of field trip.

The Tate Conference has been an annual event here for 14 years now. With a different theme every year. We usually do two days of field trips and one day of talks, but this year since the subject is a hands on deal, we are doing a day of workshops instead of one day of field trip. The field trip will be to the local White River Formation and personal collecting is indeed allowed. We always have a good time, and eat well.

Any questions.... fell free to call me at work 307-268-2447 or email me: jpcavigelli at thingy caspercollege dot edu

jpc

Hey JP, besides you and Kent, I do know a couple of guys who are going to attend that confrence. Andrew being one of them. That guy is one hell of a fossil prepper!!! But hes too modest to admitt it. I wish I had more time and more money so that I do this and everything else I want to do, but its not going to happen this year. In fact, im leaving for yet another fossil hunting trip this friday!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! I really do wish I could make it, I hear that even some of my prep photos will be there? Im gunna really miss that kind of attention!!! Dangit!!! Anyways, have a barrel of fun. Ive got more rocks to find! Ha!!!

RB

Guest N.AL.hunter

This sounds like a great event. Too bad I am so far away and don't have the time to take off. Good luck on the conference.

This sounds like a great event. Too bad I am so far away and don't have the time to take off. Good luck on the conference.

Hey NALhunter. Give me your bosses number and I gaurantee that I will get you the time off,, then sell the dog and the chickens for gas money and I will see you there man!! WooooHooooo!!! Let the good times roll!!!!!

RB

If any of you do make it to the Tate conference, look me up too. (Old Dead Things) JPC has my number. Come out and look at fossils or if you hang around for a day or two maybe we could do some lookin' too.

I've been to many of the conferences and they are always a very good learning experience.

post-1148-1241654413_thumb.jpg

www.olddeadthings.com

Archived