Hey guys,

I just bought this Pterosaur tooth and am having second thoughts. It says it's from the Kem Kem beds, and I did message the seller to ask if it came with any authentication. Of course, he said no, but he said that the only tooth it could be, would be a Pterosaur as there is nothing else in those beds that would resemble it. I am also about to email asking about restoration as it looks to me that it may have been restored. Any insight from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

post-20979-0-73518100-1458536157_thumb.png

post-20979-0-60313200-1458536192_thumb.png

Tooth looks real. Anytime you see matrix around a fossil from the Kem Kem its a flag to suspect repair as is the case with this tooth toward the tip. I need better images to confirm thathat it's just a repair or a different tip was added. Looks like a pterosaur from that region.

Edited by Troodon

• 2 weeks later...

Your images are a bit blurry when I blow them up so cannot see the detail I need. Your last image makes me believe the tip may be from another tooth or just badly repaired

Yes, I see that. The added section does not taper down the same as the lower section. Looks to be from another tooth.

Dorensigbadges.JPG