Volunteering at my Museum

I live in a very small town (pop. 500), and we have a great museum. For the past couple of months the museum has hired a professional prepper to give some lessons. We have enough unprepared ammonites and dinosaur bones to keep someone busy for the rest of their lives. I've learned I know a little bit more than I thought when it came to preparing, and find myself helping the youth more than working on my own projects. It's always a great day, I wished we could do it more than once every other month.

Here is a link to our museum: http://www.timberlakehistory.org/

Pictures to follow.

I love the set up, but the preppers need to be wearing masks. That dust will harden in the lungs causing pulmonary fibrosis.

Best regards,

Paul

...I'm back.

I love the set up, but the preppers need to be wearing masks. That dust will harden in the lungs causing pulmonary fibrosis.

Best regards,

Paul

Agreed, my first thought was "Where's the dust collection ducts or the masks?" My father died of pulmonary fibrosis at the age of 56. It's ugly.

I see the older preparators have masks. The kids just need to be told what will happen if they don't wear them and you wont have any arguments!

Great set up and very valid comments re dust, you have to educate from a young age and then it becomes a natural thing to do when prepping.

Good post thanks for sharing

Regards

Mike

There is a giant exhaust fan not seen in the pic, but thank you for the advice.

That's great for removing dust in the air generally speaking. But, it doesn't do a good job keeping the dust out of the preparators' lungs. If the weather is nice, I'll do my scribe work outside and I still need to wear a mask.

Archived