25/3 Rare Fossil Listings on Auction

Hey all, I am sure many of you who frequent our favorite auction site has noticed a bunch of new "exciting" listings from a seller at low reserve:

Messelornis cristata bird from Messel

Palaeochiropteryx Tupaiodon bat from Messel

Eoentantiornis Buhleri bird from Jehol

Uralichas trilobite from Morocco

A couple of decent sized Tyrannosaur teeth in Riker mounts

Also a few Aepyornis eggs from Madagascar

All listings are shown to include "free shipping" from Germany.

A quick search shows the seller is actually based out of Malaysia and the images and content from his listings are mostly lifted from Paleo-Direct.

Previous sales history shows faked Chinese bird fossils similar to ones I detailed in this post.

Once in a while you get someone trying to pull a one-off scam like this on eBay and I urge you to report the listings ASAP to prevent the less-informed from falling for them!

The Singaporean Fossil Collectors Group, come join us here today!

Thanks for the heads-up, Han.

Made a report to eBay, hope others can do the same too.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I just made a report, too. I've been reporting every item over the last week that this guy has posted but none of them have been taken down. This is the guy that tricked me into spending $1600 on fake Hadrosaur eggs last summer.

I just made a report, too. I've been reporting every item over the last week that this guy has posted but none of them have been taken down. This is the guy that tricked me into spending $1600 on fake Hadrosaur eggs last summer.

Oh gosh, did Paypal not refund you?

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I let a lot of time pass before I accepted that they were real and when I originally bought them so I didn't try for a refund. I gave them away to my little cousins instead who love them.

Archived