Nearly 5 inch Spinosaurus tooth real or fake?

Got this tooth for my son, just wondering if it's real or if I got ripped off. Thanks :)

post-19554-0-10642000-1459297686_thumb.jpeg

post-19554-0-39756500-1459300063_thumb.jpeg

post-19554-0-69087500-1459300077_thumb.jpeg

post-19554-0-61907000-1459300086_thumb.jpeg

post-19554-0-42204300-1459300129_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Magoo30

The crown is probably real but has definitely been extended with Moroccan matrix and possibly composited with a fake root. My best guess, anyway.

The crown is probably real but has definitely been extended with Moroccan matrix and possibly composited with a fake root. My best guess, anyway.

I figured something was off about it, didn't look authentic once I recieved it in the mail.

Would need to see the other side but my initial call is that I see red flags with repair and like Carcharodontosaurus said possible lengthing. Can you take additional photos with brighter light.

It just looks like a tooth that was found in matrix and instead of removing the matrix at the root, they shaped and formed it to make it look like it has a longer root then it really does. Everything else about the tooth looks real.

With the new pictures do not believe it's a composite just heavily restored by the root area like Dracorex indicated. Crown looks good.

It just looks like a tooth that was found in matrix and instead of removing the matrix at the root, they shaped and formed it to make it look like it has a longer root then it really does. Everything else about the tooth looks real.

So no addition of matrix? just using what was already there?