Real Scorpion fossil?

Very fake

At the Tucson fossil show this year trays of fake Moroccan fossils including these

post-10935-0-13831400-1459446602_thumb.jpg

Edited by Troodon
  • I found this Informative 3

If you are looking to purchase Moroccan fossils please continue to post those you are interested in before you buy, happy to offer you our expertise

• I found this Informative 4

I agree with troodon :) ...There are many fakes that came from countries like Morocco and China (I just have seen personally almost fully restored and fake trilobites)

Regards,

Guguita

When these obvious fakes, (boxes of scorpions &c), at fossil fairs I presume they're sold as copies/fakes/repros yes?

No they are sold as real. There are Moroccan tents everywhere at the Tucson show, see my comment Page 6 post 101 on my Tucson show post.

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/60849-tucson-show/page-1

Edited by Troodon
  • I found this Informative 3

It's not one show but dozens. Most of these dealers are not at the main venues but organizers of the main shows do not control what is sold.

• I found this Informative 1

It's not one show but dozens. Most of these dealers are not at the main venues but organizers of the main shows do not control what is sold.

I've not (yet) been to a rock show in the UK but am keen to. While those scorpions definitely look fake to me no doubt there are some that would easily fool me being fairly new to fossils. Caveat emptor I guess unless it's a well know dealer.

I can't wait to see these scorpions at the Denver show in September!

They were not there in 2015.

But yes I agree with Troodon on this one, the Denver show is also filled with Moroccan tents.

I can't wait to see these scorpions at the Denver show in September!

They were not there in 2015.

But yes I agree with Troodon on this one, the Denver show is also filled with Moroccan tents.

Since they were sold out at the Tucson show 😂 I suspect they are working overtime to get enough inventory for Denver. 😊

Since they were sold out at the Tucson show I suspect they are working overtime to get enough inventory for Denver.

Good! I will have to have some fun :P

If you can get them for the right price, fakes are entertaining to me sometimes, like my "Triassic Chinese turtle"

I wanted it just to x-ray so I could use it for comparisons of unknown fakes.

Then I mailed it back for a refund :P

Couldn't be more fake. How Ironic would it be if they were all preserved in the exact same shaped and sized rock, and the exact position... :P

Haha!! good eye! I hadn't noticed that! there are only 2 positions that I can see in that entire box!!

One of the infamous Lying Stones of Marrakech...

post-423-0-66131700-1460056830_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

One of the infamous Lying Stones of Marrakech...

attachicon.gif~.jpg

PDF of Synopses of his Essays available HERE.

Regards,

Edited by Fossildude19
  • I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

For money they sell even the sh*t...

About right there , and to make a buck here nobody cares.

Jeff