Could it be an anomalocaridid fossil?

Nayzak

Hi

I would like to have your help to identify this fossil that i think is a part of an anomalocaridid fossil.

The size of this section is about 50cm and it was found in a cambrian site with trilobites.

Thank you.

post-13416-0-23999600-1460623116_thumb.jpeg

Could be a huge trilobite fragment.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Can you please indicate the size of this specimen?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

A 50 cm section is too large to be part of any trilobite. Anomalocaridid appears to be the best possibility.

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Thank you all

It's a very interesting specimen and it needs some research by expert because it could be a great discovery.

...it needs some research by expert because it could be a great discovery.

Indeed! Can you share the general location of your find? Not specific, just what region of what country would be sufficient. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

It was found in Sud of Morocco.

Thank you; this is exciting!

-Hello Nayzac,

sent you PM some minutes ago;

-for everyone, a giant anomalocarid (Aegyrocassis benmoulae , 7 feet long, = about 2m. ) [i found also it with the name A. benmoulai] was described in lower ordovician, Fezzouata Fm, South Morocco. Maybe your cambrian fossil was an ancestor ????

Edited by marguy

Here is a (set of 6) stamp in 'roches et fossiles du Maroc' (4 stamps, 09 october 2015)

Aegyrocassis benmoulai

post-13700-0-51933000-1460663148_thumb.jpeg

Wow, I just googled Anomalocaridid!! That is quite a find if that's what it is!!

That's why I'm so excited. I'll be glad if a specialized university make some research on this sample.

I think, it's time to contact an expert from the Muséum national d'histoire naturelle. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library