Sarco tooth

StuKing94

Hi about a week ago i posted a picture of a sarco tooth i was thinking of buying, since then i have continued to look and have now found this. Was wondering what people think, its from Niger and is 4.6 cm. Thanks :)

post-21113-0-53664100-1460731259_thumb.jpgpost-21113-0-50397300-1460731276_thumb.jpgpost-21113-0-17717300-1460731288_thumb.jpgpost-21113-0-00471200-1460731303_thumb.jpg

Edited by StuKing94

I don't think you can definitively say it's one but I would lean strongly towards that it's a Sarco

• I found this Informative 1

The preservation is definitely Niger, and it's indeed a croc tooth. The size is right for Sarcosuchus as well.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

It's definetly from Niger and I believe there may be a good chance yours is from Sarcosuchus since it's a big fat tooth. I think this is the best one you have shown us so far.

• 1 month later...

Yes this is a Sarcosuchus tooth from the Tenere desert Niger,The ornament is very typical of what is found due to the very severe desert location,sandstorms just strip the enamel off,I have many of these in my collection and have seen the original skull and teeth found by Sereno,this is certainly a supercroc tooth.{ I have also seen croc teeth from Morocco described as Supercroc,,this is incorrect as Sarcosuchus is only found in Niger ,the teeth from Morocco are on fact Elosuchus.

• I found this Informative 2