Mammal tooth

Shellseeker

A friend asked me to ID this one, and he and I have a different view of what it might be. So I will ask the help of my friends on the fossil forum.

post-2220-0-59675400-1461004684_thumb.jpg

I believe that Harry IDed a tooth just like this one a couple of years back, but we'll see.

Thanks for any all IDs

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Three toed horse tooth fragment .

Edited by worthy 55

It's my bone!!!

But..but..but ..but Harry, I wanted it to be what Worthy said -- 3 toed !!!! Turns out both my friend (baby rhino) and me (Llama pre-molar were both wrong... Thanks to both. It IS an odd tooth. Jack

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

• 5 years later...

Back 5 years ago,  @Harry Pristis identified this friend's tooth as a Bison lower p3.

I found a very small tooth yesterday that seems similar..  Same ID or Different?IMG_0335text.jpg.c8895ef42b4be14043ea8356079be6f4.jpgIMG_0333crop.thumb.jpg.e0fb07d72db280db61cabf2460986b76.jpgIMG_0331crop.thumb.jpg.e95536bb8a21b12ecb4d04df8ecd74b9.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

On 6/3/2021 at 2:55 AM, sjaak said:

This looks like a worn deer premolar.

Thanks for the suggestion. It may be just locally,  but my impression of deer premolars is that they are very small, in the range of 10 mm APL.

See this thread and the excellent photo from Harry.

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/106554-florida-two-unidentified-teeth/

@Harry Pristis

This find would seem to be Hemiauchenia, and given the location found could be macrocephala, blancoensis, or gracilis

Your APL in 19.3, mine is 15.5 and Meachen's gracilis seems to be 13.9 mm.

Do you have other  Hemiauchenia teeth for APL comparison.  Thanks Jack