Sharks of SC

Hello everyone!

Today I enjoyed my second day in a row with a free afternoon, so I did a little kayak exploring for some shark tooth sites. I wasn't having much luck on the new beaches, so I headed to an old faithful beachhead containing loads of dredge spoil. I found several big teeth right off the bat and the finds never slowed down. I only had about an hour and a half of low tide to walk around, but I feel I made the best of it.

I had the foresight to pack my phone in a drybag, so I snapped some in-situ shots.

Enjoy -

post-19405-0-18810300-1461099603_thumb.jpgpost-19405-0-79028700-1461099619_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Yeah! What a day! Sure beats the heck out of what I did! (work)

You're lucky to be in the shark tooth mecca. Keep posting pics. I love 'em!

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

Thanks everyone!

Yeah! What a day! Sure beats the heck out of what I did! (work)

You're lucky to be in the shark tooth mecca. Keep posting pics. I love 'em!

There's teeth all over Florida too! As well as GA, NC, VA, MD...I'm certainly fortunate, but I would love to come hunt some exposures down that way. A whole Florida meg tooth is on the bucket list for sure.

Those pics just make me sick to my stomach! LOL!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Very nice! Hard to beat walking around and just picking them up :fistbump: Love the in situs

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Thanks everyone!

There's teeth all over Florida too! As well as GA, NC, VA, MD...I'm certainly fortunate, but I would love to come hunt some exposures down that way. A whole Florida meg tooth is on the bucket list for sure.

They're here, sure, but you would have to spend a lot of hours sifting in my parts to come up with that haul you just found today. Diving is a different story, but that isn't nearly as easy as taking your 'yak out and prowling the beaches. I've hunted the charleston dredge piles and they put anything I've ever seen around Jacksonville to shame.

Edited by mrieder79

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.