Questionable Teeth ID's Hell Creek/Judith River Fm

A seller recently posted a number of teeth that I would like to raise a red flag on.

The first tooth is being represented as Tatankaceratops sacrisonorum. This species is still being debated and a number of Paleontologists believe this is just a Triceratops with a development disorder. Nevertheless real or not if one reads the paper that described the species it clearly states that the tooth morphology is no different than other ceratopsians in the Hell Creek. Your call just pointing out some facts.

post-10935-0-77791600-1461366911_thumb.jpg

The next tooth is being represented as Acheroraptor temertyorum. It has the vertical ridges of one but it's not recurved like a Dromaeosaurid and one of the faces is flat. The crowns of Acheroraptor teeth have no flat surfaces. It's probably a Zapsalis abradens if serrated or Paronychodon if not

post-10935-0-48574700-1461367516_thumb.jpg

Daspletosaurus , Albertosaurus & Gorgosaurus Teeth from Judith River Fm. I've posted this caution several times but distinguishing between Tyrannosaurid species in the Judith River Formation of Montana is extremely difficult if not impossible with teeth of this size. They should be identified has Tyrannosaurid indet

post-10935-0-92581700-1461368464_thumb.jpgpost-10935-0-02611700-1461368477_thumb.jpg

Edited by Troodon
  • I found this Informative 7

• 1 month later...

Frank,
I remember these. Their from ... Pennsylvania, correct?

Edited by JohnJ
seller/dealer name removed