Ohio - Carboniferous - 4/25 Danaeites?

saysac

I think you're right! :)
Nice preservation!

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

So much of what I find seems to have part of the plant material still intact. It is like you can peel a layer of the plant right off. Could it actually be plant material?

Sherry

Well, heavily altered; I'm pretty sure there is no recognizable DNA, for example.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

The darker color indicate that could be carbon film.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

What is carbon film?

The carbon in plants is where coal comes from, once it is compressed, cooked, and well aged.

Massive coal is what is left of massive thicknesses of vegetation; a leaf will yield just a film.

• I found this Informative 1

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Is the carbon film where one would find the cuticle remains to analyze?

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.–Carl Sagan