Mysterious Skull Unearthed At Texas Construction Site

Nicholas

I seen that on TV the other day. I think someone had it as a pet, it died and they buried it many years ago and they found it end of story.

It hasn't been in any experts hands yet from what I've heard. To me it looks like it has undergone some mineralization, primate fossils have been found in texas before. *Shrugs* I'm not making an conclusions until its been examined and I don't think it will be.

It hasn't been in any experts hands yet from what I've heard. To me it looks like it has undergone some mineralization, primate fossils have been found in texas before. *Shrugs* I'm not making an conclusions until its been examined and I don't think it will be.

When I saw it on the news, it didn't look like it had fossilized or started to me. When I was a kid, it was pretty common to see people with chimps and monkeys, I think that is probably where it came from, one of the pets died and they buried it. I don't think that it is that old.

When I saw it on the news, it didn't look like it had fossilized or started to me. When I was a kid, it was pretty common to see people with chimps and monkeys, I think that is probably where it came from, one of the pets died and they buried it. I don't think that it is that old.

Ah okay, the picture I saw seemed to have mineralization. :P That's good then I don't have to be jealous of the find... actually I still am I would love to have a baboon skull.

That is great. I am a QT low on coffee right now but know there is a name for oddies like that. Please help me rememder and I will go make a new pot

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

looks like a baboon, definitely modern. I agree, probably someone's pet or from a zoo/testing facility.

When I lived down on the Rio Grande Valley we found primate remains all the time, we did not ask any questions............. :mellow:

I have to go with modern Baboon too, either that or Texans found a new spot to bury their politicians... ;)

Be true to the reality you create.

Maybe thats where they buried that gorilla that escaped from the dallas zoo a few years back????? :P

pic is a gorilla skull

post-221-1242326712_thumb.jpg

I have to go with modern Baboon too, either that or Texans found a new spot to bury their politicians... ;)

No, they just hang from trees......... :P

No, they just hang from trees......... :P

Shhh people will hear you

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

When I lived down on the Rio Grande Valley we found primate remains all the time, we did not ask any questions............. :mellow:

I spent a month in the valley this last summer. It seemed like they found a primate (or parts) every day! Kinda scary down there. :o

I use to spend a lot of time in the Rio Grande Valley back in the 70's metal detecting and hunting artifacts all by myself in this day and age no way I would it now

I use to spend a lot of time in the Rio Grande Valley back in the 70's metal detecting and hunting artifacts all by myself in this day and age no way I would it now

Hunting over at Clarksville?

Hunting over at Clarksville?

Sorry I was talking about CLARKSVILLE ON THE RIO GRANDE, I was down there last year and it is now back on high ground. This is the old section, wharfs and warehouse's. Lots of cannon balls.......

Last Train to Clarksville