Pleistocene Megafauna Something

Jonah41

Hello, I am in a paleobiology class and we recently were able to go through a collection of Pleistocene fossils recently unearthed in Corvallis Or. These fossils were found while renovating for our football stadium... and due to time constraints, were not properly removed and have been handled quite poorly. In addition to this they have been sitting in a waterlogged environment for quite some time. I have identified most of the fossils I have gone through but am having a difficult time with two. The first is an almost conical shaped fossil about five inches long and 2-3 inches tall. cZPUweX.jpg?1

The Second fossil I have a bit better of an idea on what exactly it is. I think this one is a tibia, either mammoth or maybe some other megafauna. The interesting thing about this bone is there are two holes in the side, I would imagine these are bite marks, but I'm not sure. BhDmHcj.jpgjd94jn6.jpgApologies for these being the only pictures I have, I will try to get some more today. Thank you for any and all help! I would love to know if and how any of you were able to better identify these.

Jonah

Sorry Jonah I wont be of any help to identify. Just wanted to say my brother got his Masters from Corvallis. Welcome to the forum.

Dorensigbadges.JPG