Mike from North Queensland

Book on ebay

Browsing through Ebay Australia in the book section I noticed a copy of "Vertebrate palaeontology of Australia" by P. Vickers-Rich for sale at a reasonable cost (a lot cheaper than what I paid fro my copy).

This book is a good overall reference book on Australian fossils and would recommend it for all Australian collectors.

Mike D'Arcy

doushantuo

And there's the RG page ,of course :P

ElToro

Cool mate! I'm looking at a cheap copy of Dinosaurs of Australia on eBay. Havnt got the cash right now but I'm keeping my eye on the listing for when I do. B)

Mike Pocock

Hi EIToro,

Is this what you are looking for?????

Regards

Mike

post-15295-0-93403800-1462803937_thumb.png

All good books that I have copies of with the "Dinosaurs in Australia" 2011 and "Dinosaurs of Australia and New Zealand" 1998 having the appeal of colour photos of select specimens and a general overview of the species in simple language.

Vertebrate Palaeontology of Australia has a good selection of scientific papers on Australian fossils, with my copy being the 1991 reprint so there have been quite a few additional changes and new discoveries.

Specific scientific papers are the way to go as far as the newer discoveries and additional specimens are available as excellent photographs form part of the papers, when you can obtain a copy and a lot of the older papers are still good.

Mike D'Arcy

ElToro

Im wanting the book due to the content on my local WA Molecap Greensand. I dig there quite often but have never found Dino remains...

siteseer

Mike,

Yes, that is a great reference for any vertebrate collector. I think I paid about $80 for my copy about 15-18 years ago. The shark section and all its plates were available as a separate reprint for a while.

Jess

Browsing through Ebay Australia in the book section I noticed a copy of "Vertebrate palaeontology of Australia" by P. Vickers-Rich for sale at a reasonable cost (a lot cheaper than what I paid fro my copy).

This book is a good overall reference book on Australian fossils and would recommend it for all Australian collectors.

Mike D'Arcy

Jesuslover340

Very excited to say that my fiancè has ordered a 1991 version of this for me :wub: Looking forward to reading it!