"finished" Fossil Room

Guest N.AL.hunter

Guest N.AL.hunter

OK, I still have to unpack fossils and organize them on the shelves. Currently just putting stuff up there to get them out of their boxes. I also have an old store display case at my wife's work place that will be placed in the center of the room to house my xaphactinus audix partial skull. I then need to replace the current lighting with something better, track or workshop fluorescents? Also place blinds on the windows and get my computer used to catalog the collection on its desk in front of the window. But besides all that, it is finished.... ha ha.

N.AL.hunter......... Very Very Nice...... What an excellent design to surround yourself with all your treasures on display..... I like your crinoid, and the fish slab.... is that some sort of ray in the centre?

Very impressed.....Thanks for showing that excellent work...... !!!!

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Very nice job on the room. Now the fun part, unpacking the fossils is like finding them all over again!!

Your fossil room looks great and so well organized, I'm jealous.

post-1148-1242652729_thumb.jpg

You got it half-done in no time! :P

Seriously, it looks great!!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice room and nice size Asaphus :)

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

Wow! A room with nothing but fossils on display! I would think that every fossil collector in the world has wanted a room like this. But I dought not too many do. Very nice! Im still dreaming of my room.

RB

Guest N.AL.hunter

Well I unpacked about 90% of my collection and discovered that I will need to add another unit of shelving. Luckily I have a four foot area of wall left next to the closet door. I also was able to pick up and get my old store display case in the room and put my Xaphactinus skull pieces in it. Nothing is in its permanent place. I just wanted to get them unpacked. I'll spend the next year or so arranging everything by type (all brachs together, all trilos together ... ). And the light really sucks in the room.

Wow. You have very nice room for fossils.

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

Fantastic...... What can i say thats not already been said..... inspirational !

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

yeah, your room is cool. what's that thing there? <pointing at something on one of the shelves>

Very nice! Gotta admit there are times I feel like I'm a bit overboard in my collecting, then I see a room like yours and realise I am not alone... :D

Nice what looks like a double TB in that first group of pics...Russian?

Be true to the reality you create.

Cool beans, Del! Did you leave room for a place to nap, perchance to dream of fossils?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest N.AL.hunter
Very nice! Gotta admit there are times I feel like I'm a bit overboard in my collecting, then I see a room like yours and realise I am not alone... :D

Nice what looks like a double TB in that first group of pics...Russian?

Yes it is Russian. I have two bugs from there ans wish I could afford more. I love the look of the Russian Trilobites: http://www.fossilmuseum.net/Fossil_Galleri..._Trilobites.htm