Show Us Your Dinosaur Jaws!

LordTrilobite

Show us your dinosaur jaws!

I recently got my first piece. A partial dentary of a juvenile Edmontosaurus from the Hell Creek. After scanning it with photogrammetry I also mirrored the jaw to create the right side of the jaw as well. Quite happy with how the scan turned out too.

• I found this Informative 9

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I am sorry Lord Trilobite for I am not worthy. You see your highness, I am but a poor man who does not own any dinosaur jaws. Or teeth. Or vertabraes. Or, well you get the point. But nice specimen you have.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Show us your dinosaur jaws!

I recently got my first piece. A partial dentary of a juvenile Edmontosaurus from the Hell Creek. After scanning it with photogrammetry I also mirrored the jaw to create the right side of the jaw as well. Quite happy with how the scan turned out too.

Doesnt work at my place :(

But looks great ! Sry also dont have a jaw ....

• I found this Informative 1

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

Nice jaw from a very young Edmontosaurus. Love how you mirrored the other side, gives it a interesting perspective.

Really neat jaw and scan! That's a nice addition.

post-17312-0-36527900-1464175992_thumb.jpg

This is my only jaw. It's a small, partial Baryonyx jaw with a single tooth in it.

• I found this Informative 1

Wow, aren't Baryonyx fossils really rare?

Wow, aren't Baryonyx fossils really rare?

The jaw comes from Sussex in England. Any dinosaur fossils from Europe or England are hard to find unless it's a washed up chunk of bone.

Sometimes bigger is not better but all dinosaur jaws are a treasure. Here is a tiny jaw from the Hell Creek Formation of Montana that I don't belive I've posted. I believe it compares favorably (see reference source) to the theropod Richardoestesia gilmorei but not positive. At only 5cm, three unerupted teeth are clearly visible, 2 poking through the remains of the erupted teeth.

post-10935-0-95119900-1464199355_thumb.jpgpost-10935-0-86237100-1464199377_thumb.jpgpost-10935-0-89056200-1464199367_thumb.jpg

Reference source: Dinosaur Systematics: Approaches and Perspectives 1st Edition

by Kenneth Carpenter (Editor), Philip J. Currie (Editor)

• I found this Informative 5

Sometimes bigger is not better but all dinosaur jaws are a treasure. Here is a tiny jaw from the Hell Creek Formation of Montana that I don't belive I've posted. I believe it compares favorably (see reference source) to the theropod Richardoestesia gilmorei but not positive. At only 5cm, three unerupted teeth are clearly visible, 2 poking through the remains of the erupted teeth.

attachicon.gifRaptorjaw1g-1.jpgattachicon.gifRaptorjaw1fffff.jpgattachicon.gifraptorjaw1ff.jpg

Reference source: Dinosaur Systematics: Approaches and Perspectives 1st Edition

by Kenneth Carpenter (Editor), Philip J. Currie (Editor)

Incredible! Both the jaw and teeth are in perfect condition. Is that a self find?

Incredible! Both the jaw and teeth are in perfect condition. Is that a self find?

No, I wish it was

• 2 weeks later...

I have a chunk of jawbone from a Hell Creek Edmontosaurus, but this one is from an adult. It's about 6 inches in its longest dimension.

post-21201-0-28938400-1464997412_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

I think Troodon should be 'banned' from posting on this topic :P He has so many jaw-dropping specimens...makes the rest of us poor in comparison!

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

• 3 years later...
On 2016-05-25 at 7:35 AM, Runner64 said:

Really neat jaw and scan! That's a nice addition.

post-17312-0-36527900-1464175992_thumb.jpg

This is my only jaw. It's a small, partial Baryonyx jaw with a single tooth in it.

I’ve just found this topic, and seen this jaw, amazing jaw!! I’ve never seen a Baryonyx jaw!!

It's been a while. By now I have more dinosaur jaw pieces. So here are two more models.

Another piece of Edmontosaurus from Hell Creek. Not the most complete, but it has a number of teeth still in place.

Here's another piece of hadrosaur lower jaw from Aguja formation. This one is likely from Kritosaurus.

• I found this Informative 3

Top:

Spinosaurid jaw from the Kem Kem Beds in Morocco.

According to the finder the tooth has been found at the same dig site but not in the jaw. The tooth has later been mounted by an European re-seller to make a nice display (the tooth can be detached). The jaw is 100% sand-glue-mixture free. :)

Left: 

Small jaw from the Kem Kem Beds in Morocco. It seems to fit spinosaurid better than crocodile.

Middle:

Jaw fragment from Uzbekistan, Bissekty Fm. Not sure what it is. Crocodile maybe? I will show it to a palentologist soon to get his opinion. :headscratch:

Again, the tooth has not been found in the jaw.

saurier022.JPG

• I found this Informative 4

• 3 weeks later...

I recently got this partial mosasaur jaw in the mail! Seller stated it is a lower jaw from the Mososaur prognathodon. 16.3cm (6 1/2") long. From Khouribga, Morocco. There are 4 teeth; however, the three large teeth are not original.

20200319_222504-min.thumb.jpg.87c7d63baa602bf5cf805d13f6910a1e.jpgFront view 20200319_222444-min.thumb.jpg.288af2a6ce86a1028c84e10fb5ca8e14.jpgBack view20200319_210926-min.thumb.jpg.6de19ab26bb76b6b69f39a653cd3eb41.jpgRight side, with unerupted tooth visible.

• I found this Informative 2

• 2 years later...

Here's a piece of a hadrosaur jaw from Drumheller Alberta. I think it's corythosaurus but not sure if it can be identified to a species level. 8 cm long 

received_351279933390491.jpeg

IMG_20221012_161754241.jpg

IMG_20221012_161803730.jpg

IMG_20221012_161811067.jpg

• Enjoyed 1