Taking the kids to legoland this weekend...

TStodard

Been almost a year to the day when we went and dug up trilobites in Utah. We are running to Florida for a quick vacation and was wanting to do some hunting on either Saturday or Sunday.

The guaranteed spot seems to be Venice beach the "shark tooth capital of the world", but I'm looking for more suggestions.

Any help?

I can tell you a spot where you can find pristine 6"+ Megs. stacked up 12 inches deep that only I know about. Just go right at...aargh!(sudden heart attack takes my life)

Edited by caldigger

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

If you contact Fred Mazza (http://fossilhuntingtours.com) he can take you out to some creeks. There you can find big Megs, hundreds of shark teeth, gator and croc teeth, porpoise teeth, stingray teeth, horse and tapir teeth and much more.

Contacted Fred this morning. Waiting to see how it's going to play out. He's got room tomorrow, all depends on what time he's going out. Worst case we can just hit Venice :)

Hey Tim, if you make it over to Venice this weekend let me know. I have a spot or two you could hunt :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

I knew I should have checked this earlier today!

We went out for about 2 hours. Totally unprepared. I read that you could rent the sifters and all on the beach, but I must have been in the wrong spot. We found about 10 teeth total. The boys had fun though, so it was still worth the extra miles. Will post pics of my haul this evening, lol

I'm kind of bummed I didn't find a bottle or something to get some micro stuff. I didn't even think about it till I was sifting and watching all the small stuff drop out.

Edited by TStodard

I think Sharkys may rent gear but for about 18 bucks you can buy a sharktooth rake at Wallyworld :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!