College of Eastern Utah Museum - Utahraptor

zekky

The College of Eastern Utah Museum in Price, Utah is one of my favorite museums. They have several amazing real specimens on display, including the holotype of Utahraptor.

First up are Utahraptor teeth. Not as re-curved as other dromaeosaurs. About 1" I'd say.

IMGP4760_zpsosewkryb.jpg

IMGP4761_zpsrylnchmo.jpg

IMGP4762_zpsmvi1zypn.jpg

IMGP4767_zpsuy2lobrh.jpg

IMGP4768_zpsuqvcw55z.jpg

The killing claw.

IMGP4763_zpsmp5mxtdo.jpg

IMGP4764_zpss9kayt3m.jpg

IMGP4773_zpstbkerpdm.jpg

IMGP4782_zpsd1li8ceb.jpg

So many Nodosaurs.........

IMGP4780_zpsxbjju4su.jpg

IMGP4779_zpsaoxq5b2f.jpg

IMGP4777_zpsxh2gelm8.jpg

IMGP4781_zps7rxjqmwy.jpg

Outstanding specimens. Cedar Mountain Fm dinosaurs are some of the coolest around. Would not mind having that Utahraptor claw in my collection . Thanks for posting, need to visit this museum.

I talked to a few ranchers who have seen giant teeth, very thin and over 6 inches long. There are so many stories about the Cedar Mountain Formation like this. I don't know any parts on private land though.

That's the unfortunate part of this locality there are no or very little on private land. Why museums like this one exits. Have a difficult time believing 6 in teeth if you think Acrocanthosaurus was one of the largest theropods around but it's nice to dream.

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2016 at 8:36 PM, zekky said:

The College of Eastern Utah Museum in Price, Utah is one of my favorite museums. They have several amazing real specimens on display, including the holotype of Utahraptor.

First up are Utahraptor teeth. Not as re-curved as other dromaeosaurs. About 1" I'd say.

IMGP4760_zpsosewkryb.jpg

IMGP4761_zpsrylnchmo.jpg

IMGP4762_zpsmvi1zypn.jpg

IMGP4767_zpsuy2lobrh.jpg

IMGP4768_zpsuqvcw55z.jpg

The killing claw.

IMGP4763_zpsmp5mxtdo.jpg

IMGP4764_zpss9kayt3m.jpg

IMGP4773_zpstbkerpdm.jpg

IMGP4782_zpsd1li8ceb.jpg

So many Nodosaurs.........

IMGP4780_zpsxbjju4su.jpg

IMGP4779_zpsaoxq5b2f.jpg

IMGP4777_zpsxh2gelm8.jpg

IMGP4781_zps7rxjqmwy.jpg

Zekky, I can’t see any of the photos. They seem to have expired. Can you repost them?

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see the pics too.

They are not showing up either.

I am in Salt Lake currently and will be driving through price when I head back to Oklahoma.

I most likely will stop by and tour the museum. There are a few others in the Salt lake area that I am going to visit when time permits.

I am skiing and working the boat show so it will have to be some time next week.

• 2 weeks later...

It's because Photobucket changed the rules. They no longer allow any embedding with free accounts.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Archived