Heading to Bakersfield this weekend

Twinlukers

Well hello everyone!! I'm going to Bakersfield Cal. Maybe I'll do Shark Tooth Hill but a friend is going to take us to another site that might hold some teeth. I'll post our findings later.. Enjoy your hunts people as its been pretty slow due to all the rains here in Texas.

Good luck, and may the fossil gods smile upon you! ;)

Have a safe trip!

Regards

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Find lots of megs! Post pics when you do. best of luck!

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

Well hello everyone!! I'm going to Bakersfield Cal. Maybe I'll do Shark Tooth Hill but a friend is going to take us to another site that might hold some teeth. I'll post our findings later.. Enjoy your hunts people as its been pretty slow due to all the rains here in Texas.

Use EXTREME CAUTION if you go to Ant Hill. One person was killed there last year. It might not be open but you never know.

Only other place I am aware of is off of Rancheria Rd. but I've never been there so no experience with the area.

Good luck & have fun! Bring plenty of water (or other beverage) as it has been over 100 the last week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John

• 7 months later...

I agree with JohnBrian, it can be dangerous digging at ant hill. I had a huge section collapse right after I got out of the hole. Be cautious and dont undercut the hill!