Here is a smattering of my finds from May 2016 up until last week! Good season already! I don't own an air eraser yet so I haven't done any detail prep work on anything yet.

attachicon.gifDSC_0038.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0040.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0041.jpg

Small enrolled Eldredgeops

Are the trilos prepped yet? It looks like you have a few nice ones

Still no air scribe? who needs it?

All you need is a few safety pins a toothbrush and some water. Really isn't difficult, just need patience.

New find from today, haven't even cleaned him off yet.

Without question the largest Eldredgeops I've ever found. Can't wait to see if the rest of him is hiding in there!

post-21647-0-53534700-1466147769_thumb.jpg

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

attachicon.gifDSC_0070.jpg

Little unprepped bit of Pleurodictyum americanum. Going to be pretty after it's cleaned up!

If you see a crinoid stem sticking out of your coral, it could be an Antholites

• I found this Informative 1

If you see a crinoid stem sticking out of your coral, it could be an Antholites

I wish I had taken a picture of it, but we found a giant crinoid calyx about 2.5" across, that stayed with the PD collection.

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

The pygidium looks like a Bellacartwrightia

Thank you!

That's why I uploaded it. I was fairly certain of that myself, I've been trying to convince people they are in there, but it hasn't gotten much traction. I've been looking very hard for them!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

attachicon.gifDSC_0074.jpg

What was an absolutely incredible, pristine Stropheodonta demissa that survived hundreds of millions of years in solid rock, only to be dropped by me in my driveway. (The shattered pieces were too small to salvage from the cracks... :angry:)

Just so you know . . . you have pictured a Protoleptostrophia. A very thin, flat and fragile Brachiopod. Stropheodonta is more robust concave and larger. Just saying.

• I found this Informative 1

Just so you know . . . you have pictured a Protoleptostrophia. A very thin, flat and fragile Brachiopod. Stropheodonta is more robust concave and larger. Just saying.

Thank you! I'm great at finding them, but still have a lot to learn. I am still very much an amateur when it comes to my brachiopod taxonomy. I have admittedly only learned to identify the very common ones so far.

I see you're local! Maybe at some point we'll bump into one another and I can learn a little more!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA