Ebay Dinosaur

THobern

I reckon it is not a dinosaur.

Hyphalosaurus is a lizard (or something of the likes), and in this case the extension -saurus is only for the fact that this is a lizard, I think.

cheers,

Mark

The matrix looks to be consistant with that formation, and some of the fossil might be original.

The "story", however, is pure huxterism.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

The piece looks good to me. I do not see any signs of significant restoration.

Hi guys,

Why does some parts of this fossil appears black while the other parts are of lighter colour?

It's $9.99. That in of itself sets off alarm bells plus the fact it's from China.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Cheap fossils mean a few things to me.. It can mean:

It is legit

It is illegal and they are trying to sell it quick

It is a reproduction of fake of some sort

or it is heavily repaired.

I would like to have it in my collection even knowing its a fake or restored the thing that I do not like is the illegal part, but if is not real its not illegal. How much credibility would it take way from mine or anyone collection if it was labeled facsimile and or restored? I am not going to buy it but am looking at other replica's Sorry do not have 20 grand for what I want.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

How much credibility would it take way from mine or anyone collection if it was labeled facsimile and or restored?

I use a replica as a display element. It's amazing how often I have to explain that it's not the real Berlin specimen of Archaeopteryx lithographica! :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

My next big buys are going to be replicas of Fossil Hominid Skulls, stuff like neanderthal and lucy.

Something like this: http://museumstorecompany.com/product_info...roducts_id=1804

If this new Missing link fossil turns out to have any major Anthropological significance I will try to get a replica of that as well. I adore the fossil quality of it I may get one which ever way it turns out.