One Tuff Lobster Prep!

RJB

I got this lobster from an old guy who lives in Lewistown. I actually got 8 of them but most of those turned out to be junk. Happens. Anyways, I started on this one last year and gave up and put it aside. Well, this morning I ran into a guy who has what I want and he wants a lobster, so I got busy with this one again. Its got lots and lots of problems and these are a super pain in the you know what to prep, but I think in the end it will turn out to be a perty good fossil lobster. This thing has most of what you want. Both claws, head, even though its crushed, most of its 'nose', some leg, some antenna and most of its rear end. I may have to build a tail? Just don't know yet. Lots of little 'fix up' jobs too, but this is what it takes to get one of these prepped.

RB

post-171-0-92005100-1466283625_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-28392500-1466283641_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Ive got a guy who has some really nice and big Tumido's. and as you know, I love prepping crabs and those Tumidos are getting hard to come buy.

RB

Good luck with this! Somehow I am optimistic that you'll prep this one just fine!

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Thank you Kane. Im not bad at preppin but this one will take some work for sure.

RB

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I had company for 10 days and finally got around to putting in some more hours into this thing. It still looks perty bad, and has a long ways to go. Ive got a lot of little 'fix it' jobs on both the rock itself and the lobster too, most of these will be easy to fix, just takes some time. It should start lookin perty good with just a few more short hours? Ha!!!

RB

post-171-0-69247800-1467315576_thumb.jpg

Prep takes time and it looks like you are owning this very challenging piece!

Edited by Kane

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

• 2 years later...
16 hours ago, Fossil-Hound said:

did this prime lobster ever get finished?

Having a hard time remembering this lobster?  Dont even know where it is? 

RB

4 hours ago, RJB said:

RB

Maybe you cooked it up for dinner! :DOH:

• I found this Informative 1

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

11 hours ago, RJB said:

RB

Apparently it isn't important to you, so when you find it just go ahead and send it to me. :D Thank you in advance. 

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

15 hours ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

Apparently it isn't important to you, so when you find it just go ahead and send it to me. :D Thank you in advance. 

Im sure its buried somewhere on my prep bench.  Will find it once I do a major clean up.  It will be in he mail.   Thanks for helping me out.  :)

RB

4 hours ago, RJB said:

Im sure its buried somewhere on my prep bench.  Will find it once I do a major clean up.  It will be in he mail.   Thanks for helping me out.  :)

RB

When you get around to cleaning up your prep bench, I would be more happy to make the drive to help out with some of the heavy lifting. I have seen the mountains of concretions in the background of you pictures and frankly I'm worried you might get buried alive one day.:D We can't have that. Let me know. I will work for crab (concretions, I'm not big on seafood).

22 minutes ago, Fossilis Willis said:

When you get around to cleaning up your prep bench, I would be more happy to make the drive to help out with some of the heavy lifting. I have seen the mountains of concretions in the background of you pictures and frankly I'm worried you might get buried alive one day.:D We can't have that. Let me know. I will work for crab (concretions, I'm not big on seafood).

@RJB I second that good idea haha! :envy: Besides your crab preps I'm always interested in what you're cooking up at home. Good recipe ideas are always helpful.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda