Iguanodonfossil

Hi,

Just wanted to share my excitement at finally getting a chance to own a genuine lower lias ammonite from the infamous (now sadly closed/filled in) ironstone quarry in Scunthorpe (United Kingdom,Lincolnshire). The fossils found within this locality are mostly preserved in pure calcite and have a range of colours which include stunning/natural pinks and greens.

It's due to arrive tomorrow! but I feel so privileged and lucky to grab one and also from a highly revered/professional prepper in the United Kingdom! : http://www.yorkshirecoastfossils.co.uk/scunthorpe_fossils.htm

It's only a small specimen (Aegasteroceras sp) but still stunningly beautiful! Scunthorpe ammonites are among the most beautiful in the world (in my opinion) and if you can grab one, grab one whilst they are still within price range for most people because like all things they will go up in value as the years go by due to the quarry being closed.

(As it hasn't arrived yet this photo isn't mine! and is property of "Yorkshire coast fossils", but sharing to share my excitement.) :D

scun099.jpg

I have it now safely in my possession, as I volunteer at a museum it will probably end up on display/shared for a while with the public.

It is a work of art but a natural one! stunning!

Just seen what you're standing on. I have the right hand foot ;)

Taken on the Isle Of Wight :) which are my usual stomping grounds. (ha pun intended!)

Quite the nice specimen you've got there. Now I want one.

RB

If you can grab one, especially from the guy mentioned do so! Maybe in my future I might be able to get a large specimen but they are getting very rare to obtain.

Taken on the Isle Of Wight :) which are my usual stomping grounds. (ha pun intended!)

mine's from Bexhill on Sea. I had a week on the IoW earlier this year work related and found tons of stuff as I worked my way around the coast. Need to go back next month or August. Accommodation is a killer this time of year though.

Archived