My collection of oysters

JohnBrewer

Inflation...older photographs used to have an old English Penny for scale. Then again, our Queen is almost a fossil herself.

Neat specimen. Never seen anything like it. An ammonite nest? Wonder what would have hatched out?

Gryphaea sure have some excellent preservations in many formations.

Inflation...older photographs used to have an old English Penny for scale. Then again, our Queen is almost a fossil herself.

Neat specimen. Never seen anything like it. An ammonite nest? Wonder what would have hatched out?

Gryphaea sure have some excellent preservations in many formations.

A penny is what £5 seems to be worth since Thursday night.... :( Fortunately I bought it before Thursday :D and in my opinion was a good deal compared to naked versions which I've seen go for more. Bought from a dealer. Cash, rather than bank transfer helped I think ;)

Yeah, a great ammo. I have seen a similar one but it only had a few gryphaea.

Great fossil, John!

Thanks for showing us.
Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Magnificent is the most stupendous adjective I can think of.

Thank you for showing us.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

I can only think of "stupendous",Squali. :P

Paleoecologically and taphonomically interesting as well.

Was this ammonite the only available substrate for the Gryphaea?

Now that is really cool, John! We have that sort of assemblage over here too, but that's really tiptop!

Cool... we get similar oysters on big ammonites here in the Cenomanian/Turonian Carlile Shale. Although I have never seen such an infestation.

Hi John. Ive never thought of collecting oysters, but if I saw that specimen I think I would have to start. A really cool piece.

RB

Archived