is there any body to identify the fossils

Mubashir Mehmood

They appear to be Nummilites, large Foraminifera. Close up photos and a description of the location and geology would help to confirm this.

Edited by Ludwigia
  • I found this Informative 4

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Nummulites.Useful (and widespread)in the Eocene of the Tethys(also the Eocene of the Himalayas!).

Species discrimination very often by biometry.

Often lithogenic(rock-forming).The Egyptian pyramids are made up of Nummulitic sandstone

The foram's chambers mean high porosity,so->good hydrocarbon source rocks.

Also somewhat of a facies indicator(subtropical ,shallow water)

post-21265-0-29393700-1467069823_thumb.png

boukhanummuli2B2.pdf

Edited by doushantuo
  • I found this Informative 2

Alternatively they might be fusilinids, another type of large foraminiferan that is characteristic of many Pennsylvanian and Permian limestones. For images, see here or here.

Don

Nummulites.Useful (and widespread)in the Eocene of the Tethys(also the Eocene of the Himalayas!).

Species discrimination very often by biometry.

Often lithogenic(rock-forming).The Egyptian pyramids are made up of Nummulitic sandstone

The foram's chambers mean high porosity,so->good hydrocarbon source rocks.

Also somewhat of a facies indicator(subtropical ,shallow water)

doushantuo,I have found these fossils in Dir, Pakistan Kohistan island Arc (Himalayas) and it was found in an igneous and metamorphic zone.

Welcome to the forum. I cannot add to what has been suggested except to say that the "Fossil Identification" portion of the forum is a better place to get help with this than under "General Fossil Discussion" even though I believe in this case it has worked well for you.

Welcome to the forum. I cannot add to what has been suggested except to say that the "Fossil Identification" portion of the forum is a better place to get help with this than under "General Fossil Discussion" even though I believe in this case it has worked well for you.

Topic Moved. ;)

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Ok Je Thanks BobWill