Tunica Hills Trip

Hunterc123

Four days ago I left for Tunica Hills to search for fossils. I just got home today after four days of walking creeks and hiking the hills. All in all I found some pretty cool stuff I'd like to share.

Edited by Hunterc123

I'm not sure if everyone can see it, but I linked the gallery with all the pictures.

I'm not sure if everyone can see it, but I linked the gallery with all the pictures.

It works, but it is awkward to comment on photos from your Gallery in this topic. :) It's easier to generate conversation about them if they were uploaded to this topic. ;)

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Cool finds! Looks like you were in the Citronelle Formation. There are quite a few Paleozoic goodies that the old Tennessee river washed down into what is now that formation.

LSS published a nice guide on fossils in the area. I would attach a link to it but my phone doesn't seem to support that. Look up Fossil hunting in Louisiana gravely, LSU.

Edited by TNCollector

It works, but it is awkward to comment on photos from your Gallery in this topic. :) It's easier to generate conversation about them if they were uploaded to this topic. ;)

Yeah, I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out how to post it with my initial comment.

Yeah, I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out how to post it with my initial comment.

No problem. Some tips to help you can be found here. Photos can be added to any subsequent post by using the "More Reply Options" at the lower right of the text box. ;)

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I have a couple more to post, I just stopped at this because my camera is giving me trouble. All of the pictures would come out upside down when I uploaded them. I had to put them in paint and rotate them.

The second to last item are Pleistocene land gastropods.

I kinda figured that they were more recent than the others because you can still see the actual shells. When I first picked it up I thought it was just a chunk of clay with snail shells in it, but its solid rock. What I'd really like to know is what the last one is.

Edited by Hunterc123

I have a few more things to post like more bryozoa fossils, a crinoid stem segment, and some chunks of rock that are covered in small shells and crinoids.

Edited by Hunterc123