Lee Creek collection

thehygienist

This is part of my Lee Creek collection that I started after working there, at TexasGulf in the late 80's.

post-21872-0-74590800-1467508089_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Awesome collection!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I gave away a massive amount of material, to West Virginia University (lots of whale vertebrae, rib bones, shark teeth, all sorts of fossils) and sold quite a few shark teeth. I think at one time I had 50 whale vertebrae. Too much stuff to haul around. I have very little of it left but its a nice reminder of those days in the mine.

post-21872-0-26147300-1467514088_thumb.jpg

I was there for two summers as an intern in the safety department. I was an industrial hygienist for TexasGulf. I spent my evenings down in the overburden pit or underneath one of the conveyor belts with a stream of fossils plunging down. Sometimes, a tooth would survive the trip through the wash plant. It was very hot in the mine and tricky to get around. I even considered hauling a gas-powered pump down there to increase my yield, but being a college student, I was on a tight budget. I spent quite a bit of time at the Aurora museum. It was a fun time, and back then they let people into the mine once a year.

Beautiful collection, it would be awesome to have access to some place like that daily : )

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

• 1 month later...

That is a very impressive collection. Must look spectacular in real life. Thanks for sharing.

That's a super collection .... :faint: Is there any chance they are hiring..... :D I have been there once with a fossil club and did find some nice Mako teeth still with much of the matrix on them and that's how I display them.

And Welcome to the forum

Tony

Edited by njfossilhunter

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

• 2 weeks later...