Almost like Christmas !

RJB

I bought myself a new big stainless steel and glass display cabinet and finally brought home some of my 'Collection Boxes' from the property. Going through these boxes was actually quite exciting. I can also see now that I am much better at prepping than I used to be. There are a couple of the older specimens I prepped out years ago that now need a bit more work on them. But get a load of these pictures! Wow!!! Oh, I also found my pine cones too! WooooooHooooo!!!

RB

post-171-0-90918400-1467834312_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-21539200-1467834330_thumb.jpg

Thanks PaleoWilliam, and Ynot, the tree is outside in the front yard. But its a deciduous tree. Ha!!!

RB

Thanks Ludwigia. I am a very happy man. it does take lots and lots of work, but just look at what we have because of all that hard work.

RB

Holy Gamoly!!! Christmas, Birthday & Anniversary !!!

I've got some crabs started. Now I'm in the mood to open that box & get back to it. As for pine cones, I'm jealous. I think I found one in Indiana a couple of years ago, but I'm not sure. Some day I might figure out how to slice it open. Yours are fantastic ! ......and lobsters....OMG, what a box !!!!!

Hey Lori. Im interested in what 'crabs' you've started on? Also, in one of those pics, only one lobster, the other is some kind of rare shrimp. Thanks

RB

Even better! I've seen "mud lobsters" for sale down here (from somewhere up north) but I rarely see a shrimp. Looks like you have another one tucked behind the crabs.

I'll add a couple of pics of my crabs, but I'm telling you right now, they were started a couple of years ago before I had any idea what to do with tools. I put them away knowing I needed to practice. And don't even ask what kind they are. My plan is to hunt like a maniac while I'm "young" enough, then when I'm unable to get out in the field, figure out what I've got & learn to clean them. Here comes one hot mess......

post-11638-0-54568900-1468169107_thumb.jpg

Arrrrggggg! I've tried to attach 4 other photos, my files are too large. Lemme get them back out & take a group shot like you did.

post-11638-0-74713700-1468169903_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN7641.JPG

Arrrrggggg! I've tried to attach 4 other photos, my files are too large. Lemme get them back out & take a group shot like you did.

You can always post them in a new post, that way You do not have to make them small, and We can see them better.

Nice crab!!

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Hi Lori. You almost look like my wife with that mask on. My wife is a nurse. Anyways, the first pic is a Pulalius vulgaris. The ventral crab also looks like Pulalius. The white crab, I cant remember. I was hoping you had some fossil crabs that I did not have so I could finagle one from you. Im always trying.

RB

Oh I see, LOL. Well, I don't think I've got anything rare, but since I've pulled them out of their box to take a photo, I'm posting it. I've got 3 more concretions I know contain crabs. I can see the claw lump, but I haven't been able to break those open yet. (And your wife is a keeper! Nurses are priceless. Thank her for what she does :-) )

YNot / Tony, someday I'll get back to working on these. If I can make improvements, I'll start a new thread. They are just too much of a mess right now. :-)

post-11638-0-69885700-1468286195_thumb.jpg All found in Washington state

Top 3, left to right. Meggokos? Ventral Pulalius. Dorsal Pulalius.

Bottem two on left. Meandrocampus? hard to tell, but if it is, its kinda rare. 2nd one, Raninid, also kinda rare.

RB

Archived