Møns Klint Fossil Excavations (MKFE)

The Amateur Paleontologist

22 hours ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

hanks for the information. Do you think you could send me some papers about the Møns Klint brachiopod zonation?

An rather new article is 

Engolhm et. al, 2014: The lower Maastrichtian Hvidskud succession, Møns Klint, Denmark: calcareous nannofossil biostratigraphy, carbon isotope stratigraphy, and bulk and brachiopod oxygen isotopes. 

It can be downloaded at http://2dgf.dk/xpdf/bull62-89-104.pdf

The article contains a most uptodate literature list, with more downloadable articles from the DGF (Geological Society of Denmark)

Foram-Mike, Owner of www.foraminifera.eu
So far we show 12000+ images of foraminifera online for free

Send us your images, samples and specimens to enlarge our coverage

FeuLogoblack.jpg

@Foram-Mike Thanks for the information - I already had the paper, but hadn't thought to look closely at the references.

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

MKFRP News and Updates:

Preparation:

-A small (15 segments approx.) Isselicrinus buchii crinoid columnal has been reglued

Research:

-The 2nd draft of my paper describing the MK Thoracosaurine mandible is finished; I'll take some extra measurements and gather more data on the specimen in summer

-A descriptive label have been made for each of the 3 fossils that are going to be donated to GeoCenter Møns Klint this summer (40-segment-long Ibuchii columnal, partial Squatina tooth, and cidarid hemipyramid - see attached below)

Fieldwork:

-Collection strategy for first few days of MKFE Nº2 has been developed -> "reconnaissance mission" to rediscover the Echinoderm Quarry (day 1) and to locate/assess the site of the most recent landslide @Phevo was talking about (day 2)

Miscellaneous

-I am considering soon starting a new MKFRP thread on TFF as this one is getting rather extensive

CVH MK01.docx

CVH MK03.docx

CVH MK02.docx

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

As previously mentioned, I am starting a new MKFRP thread on the TFF. I have decided to start the new thread because this one was getting too big, and the title is rather inaccurate now. You can find the new project thread here

This is thus the last MKFRP Update in this thread (don't worry! I am not ending the project itself)… 

Preparation:

-I have reglued the cirri (small arm like structures on the stem of a crinoid), which had fallen apart a few months ago; I also removed a lot of the surrounding matrix

-This matrix removal of the above crinoid specimen also uncovered a few small, delicate associated fish bones! (something rare at Møns Klint)

Research

-I am carrying out minor edits on the MK Thoracosaurine paper

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Archived