vert getting fragile

Can'tGetRight

I know this has been brought up many times but I will do it again. We have some whale verts that are getting fragile.

These are not museum quality but we would like to keep them for awhile and carry them place to place for "show and tell"

So with out doing a lot of searching of past post, what do we do for a sealant?

Craig

Paleobond? Black river fossils used this to repair a mammoth tooth he found while searching for summerville shark teeth.

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Craig,

If you mean there are cracks developing, you need to soak them in a Butvar solution (acetone and Butvar) or Vinac solution or Paraloid solution. You can drip it into the cracks or soak them in a container of it. If you paint it on, you need to repeat the paintings at least one more time. You can use superglue but you might want to chase it with a little acetone to help the glue to flow deeper inside.

Jess

I know this has been brought up many times but I will do it again. We have some whale verts that are getting fragile.

These are not museum quality but we would like to keep them for awhile and carry them place to place for "show and tell"

So with out doing a lot of searching of past post, what do we do for a sealant?

Craig