Forum Members At Aurora Fossil Fair

lawooten

boy it was a great time, i think i have turned a dark red today haha and now i have that on top of the sinus infection which is a real bummer. I couldnt dig for long before i felt like i couldnt breathe and than needed to sit down, day 2 was alot better so i got more digging in, we basicly got through one whole pile. But back to the story it was so much fun everyone is so nice down there and the members of the forum were so nice i hope i can meet up with them again.

Steve you will, you will and we will be back here next year or before and hope to see you again too. Steve does your father have a forum screen name and I need his name to go with pic. We had a truck load of Lee Creek sand back hoed into our pick up truck the weekend we went itto the mine to take home. How did you do by the way?

Edited by lawooten

The best days are spent collecting fossils

I enjoyed the lectures at the festival this year. Caught Mr. Billy Palmer (Archaeocete whales from South Carolina) and Dr. Brett Kent speak

on Parotodus benedeni. Excellent! Dr. Kent said that he's been in contact with folks from the History Cannel about doing a show on the

Parotodus - it may be a year away. I took a pic of the case he brought that contained a few of his teeth. Note the picture of Dr. Kent also

catches Mr. George Powell in the far left corner.

-greel

post-102-1243221768_thumb.jpg

post-102-1243221812_thumb.jpg

post-102-1243221839_thumb.jpg

his name is joe and he is hold on charon hold on let me double check

yep its charon

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

hey if you want to chat just come on over to chat ill be in there i want to hear about your trip

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

I enjoyed the lectures at the festival this year. Caught Mr. Billy Palmer (Archaeocete whales from South Carolina) and Dr. Brett Kent speak

on Parotodus benedeni. Excellent! Dr. Kent said that he's been in contact with folks from the History Cannel about doing a show on the

Parotodus - it may be a year away. I took a pic of the case he brought that contained a few of his teeth. Note the picture of Dr. Kent also

catches Mr. George Powell in the far left corner.

-greel

I am so sorry we missed there lecture I had wanted to go but forgot time throughout the day. I know it was great though.

hey if you want to chat just come on over to chat ill be in there i want to hear about your trip

Is there a chatin this forum? :o

Did you not go into the building on the same side as the museum but across the street to the right of the museum? We were all in there and there was two signs in red that said fossils and crafts with flags also. Next time bigger signs!

No wonder I never saw anyone!! MikeDOTB was nice enough to pick me up and bring me to the festival with him since I couldn't drive. I knew Frank was gonna be there. Me loving megs, I was desperate to seek out megateeth's displays but was disappointed we never found him. I think that was THE only building I never checked. I was really hoping to meet some other forum members, too. I literally found out I was going 10 hours before I got there, so I really didn't have much time to plan and touch base with anyone. :(

Let me say, the town of Aurora REALLY goes all out for this festival. This was my first year attending and I was taken aback at the number of vendors, collector displays, and the size of the parade. And there was plenty of stuff for kids to do, too. What was great, too is I got an ID on some of my stuff just by being able to view sooooo many different collections. If you've never gone, I highly suggest putting the festival at the top of your to-do list next spring. It was unbelieveable and I can't wait to go back next year.

Guest N.AL.hunter

Great pics but I noticed one very concerning item.... not a single The Fossil Forum shirt in the bunch!! Come one everyone, buy a shirt (or two) and wear them! Holy and I wear ours every fossil event we go to. And it Identifies someone as a member so that you can go up to them and see who it is!!

As "resident" Aurora member I would like to thank everyone for all the great P.R. for the next Fossil Festival. It is always held on Memorial Day Saturday, so nobody can say they weren't told the date! This was the 17th year of the Festival, and the 8th year we held an auction to raise money for the Museum. Anyone wanting more info on Aurora or the Museum check out their website at

www.aurorafossilmuseum.com

Frank why did you not say something? I think I saw you at the food stand? Right but I wasn't sure it was you guys. Rob said he saw you then he went looking for you guys when he found us but he could not find you.

Sadly, I have a great memory for faces - but not for names. Wasn't sure it was you till I saw the group pics posted above. Ironically, I actually talked to the guy standing next to Jim (he may recall because I was asking about sharkdentist at the parade). You ran into us at the foodstand and actually were conversing with a couple of other folk right next to us a bit later on! I was the tall guy with the cane. I remember you because of your hair color... :D

Be true to the reality you create.

No wonder I never saw anyone!! MikeDOTB was nice enough to pick me up and bring me to the festival with him since I couldn't drive. I knew Frank was gonna be there. Me loving megs, I was desperate to seek out megateeth's displays but was disappointed we never found him. I think that was THE only building I never checked. I was really hoping to meet some other forum members, too. I literally found out I was going 10 hours before I got there, so I really didn't have much time to plan and touch base with anyone. :(

Let me say, the town of Aurora REALLY goes all out for this festival. This was my first year attending and I was taken aback at the number of vendors, collector displays, and the size of the parade. And there was plenty of stuff for kids to do, too. What was great, too is I got an ID on some of my stuff just by being able to view sooooo many different collections. If you've never gone, I highly suggest putting the festival at the top of your to-do list next spring. It was unbelieveable and I can't wait to go back next year.

The building we were in actually had moat of the fossil vendors in it so you did miss a lot. Next time though I'd bet my biggest Meg you'll find it. Naaaaa I wouldn't bet my biggest Meg. :D

Great pics but I noticed one very concerning item.... not a single The Fossil Forum shirt in the bunch!! Come one everyone, buy a shirt (or two) and wear them! Holy and I wear ours every fossil event we go to. And it Identifies someone as a member so that you can go up to them and see who it is!!

Ok then where do we get the fossil forum shirts? You know it seem like I am missing a lot this site has to offer b/c I just don't think to look. Bummer

Sadly, I have a great memory for faces - but not for names. Wasn't sure it was you till I saw the group pics posted above. Ironically, I actually talked to the guy standing next to Jim (he may recall because I was asking about sharkdentist at the parade). You ran into us at the foodstand and actually were conversing with a couple of other folk right next to us a bit later on! I was the tall guy with the cane. I remember you because of your hair color... :D

Ok I saw you but when I saw you wife I wasn't sure b/c of the hair color and I almost said somthing to you in line but thought they think I am nuts if I am wrong. Bummer when did I ever care if anyone thought I was nuts. I think you mean Robert, he told me he had run into Frank but I did not connect the name I was looking for the face and you guys were there right in front of me. Next time for sure I will say somthing. I wish I had so I could have gotten you guys into the pics. Did you go into the building we were all in?

Robert (rsmull) is my collecting buddy. We probably made it to the room where the pics were taken. Actually if you look at sharkdentist's thread he caught us in a picture at the doorway between the two rooms at Megateeth. Look for the guy with the cane and the petite woman (my wife) next to me.

Be true to the reality you create.

Sounds like it was a blast! Wish I could have been there. I'm glad everybody had a good time :D

I'm sorry I missed the group meeting. :( I did meet some of the members, though. I saw Frank and his wife early in the day. I met PaleoRon at his friend's table and thanks for information and letting me look at those gorgeous teeth. I also met Megateeth--thanks for the ruler and I will use it in my posts! I won your gift certificate in the auction and will be shopping soon. It was nice to see Bmore and his dad again. Wow! You guys did well in the piles! I also got to talk with Fossil Versaci and his wife and thanks for the CDs!! It was great working with BJ, Brian and Obsessed One during the week.

As far as not having on the forum t-shirts, I joined too late to have one, but will be prepared next year. It was a great festival and can't wait until next year. :D

Did you not go into the building on the same side as the museum but across the street to the right of the museum? We were all in there and there was two signs in red that said fossils and crafts with flags also. Next time bigger signs!

I went inside there a couple times but didnt pay that much attention I guess I was distracted by all the fossils.

Robert (rsmull) is my collecting buddy. We probably made it to the room where the pics were taken. Actually if you look at sharkdentist's thread he caught us in a picture at the doorway between the two rooms at Megateeth. Look for the guy with the cane and the petite woman (my wife) next to me.

Robert is a good guy, Robert, Ernie and I have gone collecting together also a few times and hope to do more in the furtue.

I wish to be there... :rolleyes:

MB you would have had a great time. I am buying you a crab I saw while at the fossil fair from PaleoRon. Will get in touch with you when I get it.

By the way where do we get the forum shirts?

The building we were in actually had moat of the fossil vendors in it so you did miss a lot. Next time though I'd bet my biggest Meg you'll find it. Naaaaa I wouldn't bet my biggest Meg. :D

Aww, come on... :drool:

Yeah, I TOTALLY missed that building. Now I'm kickin' myself!!

BTW, here is the link to the shirts and hats:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?sh...ic=6450&hl=

By the way where do we get the forum shirts?

This thread: http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?sh...ic=6450&hl=

Deadline to order is May 31st.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!