MarcoSr

Improved phatfossils.com website

MarcoSr

My son Mel has really changed the look and feel of our phatfossils.com website. He also added new sections including "Micro Material" in which I have started to post micro trips and a section for "Extant References" where I have started to post my extant shark jaws. It takes a lot of time to add a Micro Trip or an Extant Jaw. I don’t want to spend a lot of time if people aren’t really interested. Please let me know what you think by a reply to this post.

Marco Sr.

Fossildude19

Wow! The website looks great Marco!

Thanks for the update.

What a fantastic resource.

Regards,

JohnJ

Great work, Marco. I can appreciate the effort you've put into this.

MarcoSr

Wow! The website looks great Marco!

Thanks for the update.

What a fantastic resource.

Regards,

Tim

Thank you. It is good to hear that it is a fantastic resource. My sons and I wanted to have a website that was useful for other collectors.

Marco Sr.

MarcoSr

Great work, Marco. I can appreciate the effort you've put into this.

John

Thank you. My son Mel put a lot of effort into the website structure and design. I'm just trying to help populate it with useful content.

Marco Sr.

ynot

That is a very nice web site! :thumbsu: Thank You and Your son for putting it together! :goodjob:

Tony

Ropterus

Enjoy your site Marco. I hadn't known about it till now. I appreciate all the hard work you and your son are putting into it. Great job!

MarcoSr

That is a very nice web site! :thumbsu: Thank You and Your son for putting it together! :goodjob:

Tony

Enjoy your site Marco. I hadn't known about it till now. I appreciate all the hard work you and your son are putting into it. Great job!

Thank you. We still need to upload a good bit but we will eventually get it all done.

Marco Sr.

ynot

We still need to upload a good bit but we will eventually get it all done.

Marco Sr.

It is so good now, I can not imagine how great it will be when You finish setting it up!

Tony

Coco

Hi,

Oh Marco ! Very nice and informative website ! Please continue ! :thumbsu:

Coco

MarcoSr

It is so good now, I can not imagine how great it will be when You finish setting it up!

Tony

Tony

I have over 40 species of additional extant shark jaws and 10 species of extant ray jaws that I need to upload. I have another almost 100 Micro Material trips to upload. I wish there were more hours in the day.

Marco Sr.

MarcoSr

Hi,

Oh Marco ! Very nice and informative website ! Please continue ! :thumbsu:

Coco

Coco

Thank you. We still have to fix a number of id problems with the site caused by the researchers changing especially genus names and naming new species and specimens that with our improved knowledge need an id update. I'll be really happy when we get those all cleaned up. Although naming of fossil shark teeth especially seems to be constantly changing along with shark tooth terminology with more research.

Marco Sr.

jcbshark

The site looks great Marco, all the work you folks put in it shows: )

MarcoSr

The site looks great Marco, all the work you folks put in it shows: )

Jeff

Thank you. I really like the look and feel much more than the old version.

Marco Sr.

PA Fossil Finder

Your site is very informative, and I find it very helpful when identifying some of my more common micro shark teeth! I look forward to seeing it finished.

MarcoSr

Your site is very informative, and I find it very helpful when identifying some of my more common micro shark teeth! I look forward to seeing it finished.

Stephen

Thank you. I definitely have a lot more micro material to upload.

Marco Sr.

JohnBrewer

What a wonderful website and a great resource. I'll certainly be looking again to help with my identification.

by the way that sabre tooth cat is nothing less than fantastic.

MarcoSr

What a wonderful website and a great resource. I'll certainly be looking again to help with my identification.

by the way that sabre tooth cat is nothing less than fantastic.

John

Thank you. Marco Jr. has found two sabre cats and Mel has found one. Now that they own a ranch in the Nebraska badlands we will be making more trips out to Nebraska and South Dakota fossil collecting.

Marco Sr.

RCW3D

Love the site! This rookie is loving all the reference material!

MarcoSr

Love the site! This rookie is loving all the reference material!

Rob

Thank you.

Marco Sr.

sixgill pete

Marco, I have finally had the time to sit down and thoroughly browse the new and improved phatfossils.com. Fantastic! The new micro section, as I am sure you know, is of great interest to me. The extant jaw section is also very informative. The site has always been great, but the new navigation and added features make it better and easier to use . Great reference material.

MarcoSr

Marco, I have finally had the time to sit down and thoroughly browse the new and improved phatfossils.com. Fantastic! The new micro section, as I am sure you know, is of great interest to me. The extant jaw section is also very informative. The site has always been great, but the new navigation and added features make it better and easier to use . Great reference material.

Don

I'm glad you like the improved site. I have over fifty extant jaws that I need to take pictures of and a good number of micro specimens. However, I've been really busy with the vertebrate studies collecting and searching matrix and haven't really had time to take many pictures. Hopefully I'll get a lot of pictures up this winter.

Marco Sr.