Good Times And Good People

sharkdentist

The time finally came the festival of all fossil festival the Aurora Festival. We checked into our hotel the comfort Suite's 35 min outside Aurora. Please check out the pics of the view from our room just awesome. Saturday came and we set up our tables by 8 am and got to meet alot of very nice people, also was able to get some cool pics of the parade as it past by. In the pictures you will find left to right Jim and Salley AKA Beachbum, Ron AKA PaleoRon, Robert Aka Rsmull, Linda and Erine, Megateeth, myself and Shawn AKA lowcountryfossils. Enjoy the pics.......Sharkdentist

Also brought home 160 pounds of pungo material keep your fingers crossed.

post-1253-1243225492_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225506_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225522_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225541_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225563_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225580_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225607_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225617_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225637_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225659_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225673_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225693_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225711_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225728_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225751_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225785_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225801_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243225859_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243226024_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243226036_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243226086_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243226105_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1243226192_thumb.jpg

sharkdentist........ Looks like you had a great time thanks for sharing them...... That Sherrifs got a 'serious boat'!..... Id love to have been there, I'm very attracted to the Quality, Colour and Preservation of the megs that come from there....I bought a 4" one off US ebay a while back......

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Guest N.AL.hunter

Looks like fun. That Coast Guard boat looks serious!! Wish we could have been there too.

Thanks for all the great pics! I love community festivals :)

I've gotta' get to the next one!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Great Picts! It's really nice to put some faces to the names around here.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Great picures, It sounds like everybody had a great time meeting and greeting. Sorry I couldn't be with y'all.

It was good seeing TFF friends I have met before and meeting new ones! I look forward to seeing even more next year at the Festival. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Sharkdentist,

We were looking for you but it seems you found us! If you look at the shot you took at Megateeth I am standing at the doorway with my wife She is wearing a white blouse and I am the tall guy with the cane. :D

Be true to the reality you create.

Sharkdentist,

We were looking for you but it seems you found us! If you look at the shot you took at Megateeth I am standing at the doorway with my wife She is wearing a white blouse and I am the tall guy with the cane. :D

I hate I did not get to meet you I talked to so many people over the course of the day did you guys have a good time? There was so many nice fossil's at the show it was awesome.

post-1313-1243290107_thumb.jpg

We were in there three times talking with Ron along with rsmull. I got the garnet I posted on my thread from the ladies across the room from you!

Had a great time just wish we could have stayed longer... :)

Be true to the reality you create.

post-1313-1243290107_thumb.jpg

We were in there three times talking with Ron along with rsmull. I got the garnet I posted on my thread from the ladies across the room from you!

Had a great time just wish we could have stayed longer... :) I know I finally got home around 10:30 pm sunday night 7.5 hour ride I was beat.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

phoenixflood I have not forgot what we talked about I will get up with you in the next couple of days

Hey sharkdentist,

Great pictures! The festival was fun and we had a good time meeting up with you and all the other Forum members.

Not bad SD, wished I could have made the trip. Looks like you and Shawn had a good time.

Next time, we'll have to bring the whole crew up there!

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Herbi,

Ahhh, I can see why you guys were going to just kick back Saturday night. Ernie and I almost stayed Saturday night also.

The best days are spent collecting fossils

Herbi,

Ahhh, I can see why you guys were going to just kick back Saturday night. Ernie and I almost stayed Saturday night also.

you guys should have anjd we could have hung out some I loved Ernie so much he was so funny

you guys should have anjd we could have hung out some I loved Ernie so much he was so funny

Herbi,

Ernie keeps me smiling here at home. He is the best person I have ever known and we have fun together just collecting or kayaking. I was amazed how comfortable everyone was around each other. It seem like there were no strangers. See in 20 years when we are all start slowing down we will all meet in Washington to go to the fossil fair and sit around chatting about that one fossil we finally found. Lol Kind of likes the shiners’ convention but we are all going for the fossils. Next year we will make plans to stay longer that way we day or so to just visit fossil friends. Ernie is usually quiet and he was in his element and thoroughly had a great time. I received a crab fossil from PaleoRon aka Ron and I need to put a check in the mail. Take care and give our regards to Mrs. Herbi.

Linda

The best days are spent collecting fossils

Great pictures and post cuz, looking foward to August, Dave
thanks mudkicker it was a blast

post-1253-1243883265_thumb.jpg