The goniatites you're finding are pretty swell. :wub:

Thanks Mike. Those goniatites I believe are the ancestors of those lovely ammonites you find in NM. Hope you keep sharing your finds as well.

Jeff,

Great report and excellent range of well preserved specimens. Particular congrats on the D. dekayi and Greenops.

Gordon

Jeff,

Great report and excellent range of well preserved specimens. Particular congrats on the D. dekayi and Greenops.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon, Deep Springs Road Quarry is usually a productive place to collect, but Monday was exceptionally fine.

Special thanks to Jeff for taking me to this very fun and awesome site. I was amazed at the abundance & diversity of fossils. I had fun working a spifter layer higher up the bank. My two favorite finds of the day were the partial Greenops trilo and the Razorshell Clam. I'm posting some pics and if you want to see more let me know and I'll post as I process but I'm sure that its all run of the mill stuff for the experienced collectors.

“Beautiful is what we see. More beautiful is what we understand. Most beautiful is what we do not comprehend.” N. Steno

A few more of my finds from my monday trip

“Beautiful is what we see. More beautiful is what we understand. Most beautiful is what we do not comprehend.” N. Steno

Thanks Tim for posting your finds. Although they are typical for Deep Springs Road Quarry, most of the Forum members aren't well acquainted with them. You, by the way, were great company and I'm really glad you did well and appreciated the site. Keep those pics coming. I may be posting more myself. That razor clam is Orthonata undulata- a fine specimen. Congrats.

Edited by Jeffrey P

I thought I'd add a few more finds from that day-

post-13044-0-70783500-1469416651_thumb.jpg

Eoschuchertella arctostriata- a Strophomenid brachiopod

Another brachiopod. I'm not sure of the genus/species, but I think it is Cyrtina.

post-13044-0-83256600-1469416925_thumb.jpg

An open bivalve shell, probably Paleoneilo filosa

post-13044-0-19250300-1469440568_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeffrey P

More great finds from the trip!

Thanks for posting them, Tim and Jeff.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

More great finds from the trip!

Thanks for posting them, Tim and Jeff.

Regards,

Thanks Tim.