A nice baby Mammoth tooth!!!

worthy 55

;D ;D ;D ;D Just trying to get Cris going. I found that today with some other stuff .

It's my bone!!!

Not sure yet I'll have to look it up.  ::)overstreet880.jpg:) I was just down from the ramp.

It's my bone!!!

I was going to go up river but it looked like it was going to storm. So I just stayed close to the ramp. ;)

It's my bone!!!

Hey Worthy,

I'm back online and have enjoyed your posts and images.  I live in TX but traveled to FL this spring and got my first mastodon tooth out of the Peace.  Got some cool echinoids like Cassidulus evergladensis, Arbacia sp., Encope tamiamiensis, etc. on that trip in addition to a pile of shark teeth, glyptodont scutes, etc.  I find similar material in TX (the terrestrial stuff at least) but unfortunately most areas are too murky to dive here.  I hunt gravel bars, banks, and pits for Pleistocene stuff and have recently come up with a complete 12" mammoth axis vert, 25" long, full diameter section of mammoth tusk, etc.  I even found a human skull in one of the rivers and turned it in.  I'm still trying to get my hands on my first mammoth, sloth, and tapir teeth but most of the rivers around the state have been 20-40 feet too high for the last 6 months so my Pleistocene/artifact collecting has fallen off accordingly.

In the meantime I've been hammering construction sites and creeks around the state for Cretaceous marine material.  Some wonderful ammonites, echinoids, shark teeth, fish teeth, and whole crab carapaces, some with legs and claws, have come to hand lately by the 5 gallon bucket load.  I'll post some images once I complete more prep work and break out the camera.

This Saturday will bring a 700-800 mile round trip marathon trip to North TX for some Upper Cretaceous mosasaur, shark, and fish material, ammonites, and hopefully artifacts.  This will be a 24 hour gig including driving.  I hope it pans out!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Danwoehr , when the rivers go back down it will be a fossil hunters dream so do not miss out on that party. Dang, a human skull that would spook me, but it would be cool to find out who he/she was though! 8)

post-23-1190511926_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

• 5 months later...

Hey danwoehr,

Where in N. Texas do you go for Mosasaur? What about the mammoth bones/tusk? I have been to the North Sulphur river twice and found a mosasaur vertebrate both times....among many other items. Thx,

Mike Nelson

Mesquite,TX

19MSN71@GMAIL.COM

Mike

Just about all of the Mosasaur material I have, and that isn't much, comes from the NSR. I've heard of other folks getting off the beaten track and finding some in the Gober Chalk as well, but those sites aren't well known. I have a buddy who found a perfect mammoth tooth in the NSR near Ladonia and another buddy who found a good chunk of tusk in the NSR down by Hwy 24. I think more Pleistocene stuff comes from the SSR however.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I had a pretty good day in there yesterday. Found a worn out three hump mastodon spit tooth, a juvenile mastodon tooth, some type of carnivore mandible, a bear canine, and a bunch of other odds and ends.

I had a pretty good day in there yesterday. Found a worn out three hump mastodon spit tooth, a juvenile mastodon tooth, some type of carnivore mandible, a bear canine, and a bunch of other odds and ends.

Dang, sounds like an excelent day.. Hunted the Santa Fe again? Should post your finds and make us all drool..