Wanted: Micro Fossil Matrix

Otodusobliquus

I lam looking for micro fossil matrix. I am interested in trading for just about any type; vertebrate, invert, etc. I have Aquia formation and Pungo River formation matrix to trade. I also have some Aquia formation macro fossils I might trade, depending on what is wanted. I put a picture of the Aquia formation matrix I have at the end of the post.

Seth

post-18617-0-53699600-1469568541_thumb.jpg

Any chance we can get a few pics of specimens found in each of the samples of micromatrix you're offering for trade as well as the macro fossils you're looking/willing to trade?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Paul

...I'm back.

Is this Aquia beach gravel or material directly from the formation?

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Is the matrix zone 4 or zone 6/7? The shelly residue looks like zone 4 matrix that I collect directly from the formation near Aquia Creek or zone 6/7 beach matrix from up river of Fairview beach.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

It is zone 2 I think, as I have found both Palaeocharcarodon, and Paraorthacodus teeth at the site. The matrix is collected directly from beach material at a secret spot I have on the Potomac river. This site is nice because there is no overlying gravel deposit; the beach is made completely of Aquia formation material.

You can see my better finds from the Aquia formation matrix in my gallery, and i think everyone knows what Pungo River matrix is like :)

It is zone 2 I think, as I have found both Palaeocharcarodon, and Paraorthacodus teeth at the site. The matrix is collected directly from beach material at a secret spot I have on the Potomac river. This site is nice because there is no overlying gravel deposit; the beach is made completely of Aquia formation material.

You can see my better finds from the Aquia formation matrix in my gallery, and i think everyone knows what Pungo River matrix is like :)

If you are finding both Paleocarcharodon, and Paraorthacodus teeth then the matrix is most likely zone 2. Usually the zone 2 shells don't break down that much like in your picture.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

I have micro matrix from Rattlesnake Creek in Gainesville, Florida. It contains mostly marine material such as fish and shark teeth. It is possible to find vertebrate material in it though.

Kara

I sent you a pm, rattlesnake creek is one of my favorite matrices, the five cups of it I have searched aren't nearly enough.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a personal supply of lee creek mine (aurora, NC) material that I can ship you, if you are interested. I have some I washed dirt off of over a window screen or you can have it un washed completely, aside from rain on my pile, if you prefer. Message me if interested, I may be a little slow to respond I don't get online much. I'll send you whatever/however much you'd like, it would be my first trade so unsure what i'd be interested in return, surprise me :)