1 Frame Of Sharks Teeth

darren

I'll second Anson's comment. I'm assuming they are hanging on a wall, how are you holding them? Mine are all pinned

post-77-1200959184_thumb.jpg

post-77-1200959213_thumb.jpg

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

I'll second Anson's comment. I'm assuming they are hanging on a wall, how are you holding them? Mine are all pinned

the foam in the case is thick enough to hold them.

Nice Teeth everyone!!

Can i ask a question? Why do all you shark teeth collectors use red as a background with your displays? not that theres anything wrong with it, im just curious.... hehehe

Thanks!

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Nice Teeth everyone!!

Can i ask a question? Why do all you shark teeth collectors use red as a background with your displays? not that theres anything wrong with it, im just curious.... hehehe

Thanks!

I use red simply because you will never find a fossil tooth that color. It also allows my white labels to stand out and it isn't a stark white color against my dark green walls. That being said, Hybodus: you have an amazing collection going there and I like how it looks in the riker mounts.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

WOW!! amazing collection!

Did you find all of those teeth!! :o

man im very jealous!

You have a lot of megs.......whoo!!

I use red simply because you will never find a fossil tooth that color. It also allows my white labels to stand out and it isn't a stark white color against my dark green walls. That being said, Hybodus: you have an amazing collection going there and I like how it looks in the riker mounts.

Ahh well makes sence, nice teeth though.... i want!!!

post-213-1201042431_thumb.jpg

If you like megs - here ya go! I like White because it shows off the colors of the teeth better...

Still staring.......totally amazing collection.... Beautiful..... I love the riker displays according to location, too.... I may just have to do that..

Guest N.AL.hunter

These displays and the ideas I got earlier from this forum on using old coin holder mylars are some of the reasons I like belonging to this forum. I can't wait to get my own fossil room in about two weeks and start creating my own displays. Hope no one mines copycats.

post-213-1201143252_thumb.jpg

Go for it bud! The coin holders are not a bad idea... lots of people use them, especially for micros - but then its a pain in the rear to get them out and play with them.

I came up with a system that works for me - especially for micros I want to put out on display. I have been going through my micro collection, and using gem jars along with the small 3x4 riker mounts. (I cut out holes in riker mounts for the gem gars).

I bought a used digital microscope a few years back, so I am taking images of the micros, and mounting them in with the micro specimens I want out on display....

Anyway, with all of that - it looks like the attached pic.... Left, Lissodus selachous 1.5mm x 1mm, Right, Squatirhina americana 1mm x .5mm, both from the Late Cretaceous of Montana - man I love micro shark teeth!

BTW - Its just what works for me - I am sure all of the collectors here have awesome ideas on great display methods!

I love the micro idea. I have a lot of rhinobatos teeth that are too small to see with the naked eye and was wondering how to display them. Now all I need is a microscope that I can hook my camera up to.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

I love the micro idea. I have a lot of rhinobatos teeth that are too small to see with the naked eye and was wondering how to display them. Now all I need is a microscope that I can hook my camera up to.

Hi Bowkill... The micros were always a challenge for me... I actually tried a few types of scopes, and ended up selling them because I just could not get a nice white background and clear pics. I ended up buying a used Olympus MIC-D on ebay about 3 years ago... it is killer for the "sub micro" teeth, or anything below 1mm. I still have trouble with anyting in the 2.5mm to 4mm range... the best option I could come up with after searching the web for days was a custom bezel for my 5 year old digital camera so I could add macro lenses... and it still may take up to 50 pics to get one that is not blurry - but I can get the background color and lighting the way I want it, where a scanner just does not cut the mustard.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise!

This is the reddest of the red teeth that I have found. I also have a posterior meg that is close to this color.

post-210-1202351605_thumb.jpg

Surprise!

This is the reddest of the red teeth that I have found. I also have a posterior meg that is close to this color.

post-210-1202351605_thumb.jpg

oh dear lordy....that tooth is AMAZING!!! *drool*

That is one VERY red tooth Ron. You've got some really nice ones. The only red that even approaches the color in my display would come from Peru or maybe Sharktooth Hill (see my avatar) Personally, I prefer that deep, brick red color anyway, it looks more like blood ;)

post-77-1202384745_thumb.jpg

That is one VERY red tooth Ron. You've got some really nice ones. The only red that even approaches the color in my display would come from Peru or maybe Sharktooth Hill (see my avatar) Personally, I prefer that deep, brick red color anyway, it looks more like blood ;)

I have a couple of orange / red I. planus teeth from STH and I used to have a couple of small Peruvian megs that were multi-red colored.

Is this the color you like? The big one is 6 1/2 inches on the slant.

post-210-1202481244_thumb.jpg

post-210-1202481270_thumb.jpg

"Uhh YEAH, that's the color!!!" said the man from the land of the frozen tundra, a trickle of drool running down his chin, only to freeze in the cold February air. :lol: Darn, I shoulda been a writer. I'm especially fond of that pathologic one. Of course, I wouldn't complain about a 6 1/2 red one for my collection either

Archived