Fossil Dinosaur tooth core - Suchomimus tenerensis - 13cm

Fossilgrove

The proof is there in the photos and very nice ones, thanks.  Mystery solved,  fake all the way,  like LordTrilobite said, Sorry. The air pockets are a dead giveaway as well as the color pattern.  If you have other items to sell or buy bounce it off of the forum.

• I found this Informative 2

Of course I am very sad to hear this, yet very happy that I learned this and you guys helped me. Thanks a lot. I should stick with the mammoth fossils, cause I am way better with that :-) . Also really happy that I didn't sell this one, because reputation is easily destroyed, also through mistakes like this. 

• I found this Informative 6

I agree with Olof, this is totally fabricated. I thought the surface texture was just wrong for enamel. You can see now from where the break is its been moulded and then painted. 

• I found this Informative 2

26 minutes ago, Jelte said:

Of course I am very sad to hear this, yet very happy that I learned this and you guys helped me. Thanks a lot. I should stick with the mammoth fossils, cause I am way better with that :-) . Also really happy that I didn't sell this one, because reputation is easily destroyed, also through mistakes like this. 

Stuff happens. I hope you're not out of pocket too much. But you have been a lot of help to the community by posting here. That's pretty honourable and I thank you for that :)

Yeah I am not that devastated by it. Just annoyed that I fell for it and put it up for auction. I am happy that it thought me something new though and that I could bring some helpful pictures to the forum. The auctioneer from catawiki told me that he sees these teeth are popping up, so maybe someone is really busy with making these fakes... luckily I know better now. 

• I found this Informative 1

This is a complete fabrication,like I said already these were very common in Holland as a Dutch lady artist was making them from plaster a few years ago and selling them on Ebay,I would suggest if somebody is describing and selling fossils that they do some research and have some knowledge before they attempt to sell these objects.There is nothing worse to a collector than purchasing a so called fossil and spending large amounts of money and then discovering the have purchased a fabrication/fake.If anybody delves into the fossil market I would suggest they stick to what they know.I have never sold or will sell a trilobite for example.I just simply have insufficient knowledge,if the forum members here had not seen this at auction then no doubt at all it would be sold on to on unsuspecting buyer.The enamel is just paint and filler ,it is not from any reptile or dinosaur or any other creature.Its man made,

This is a complete fabrication,like I said already these were very common in Holland as a Dutch lady artist was making them from plaster a few years ago and selling them on Ebay,I would suggest if somebody is describing and selling fossils that they do some research and have some knowledge before they attempt to sell these objects.There is nothing worse to a collector than purchasing a so called fossil and spending large amounts of money and then discovering the have purchased a fabrication/fake.If anybody delves into the fossil market I would suggest they stick to what they know.I have never sold or will sell a trilobite for example.I just simply have insufficient knowledge,if the forum members here had not seen this at auction then no doubt at all it would be sold on to on unsuspecting buyer.The enamel is just paint and filler ,it is not from any reptile or dinosaur or any other creature.Its man made,