For Heartbroken Frank

RJB

I hate to do this to you Frank, but here goes. Remember, you kinda asked for this. Id be cryin too man.

I know the guy who found this, he had another guy I know prep it out and it turned out to be one heck of a super nice 'muffin crab'! Im going to guess at this spelling, but its an Avitelmesus crab. Im not going to say what state this was found in, but not many folks know of this site. Just two that I know of. But the detail on this crab is truly amazing for this type of crab. Most of these come from alabama, georgia and mississippi I think, and ive not seen a good one from any of those states. anyways, get a load of this crab even those these photos dont show a finished prep job!!! Hey MB, what do you think, I still have one of these that I have to prep. Hard not to get a big head when you are "The Great RB"!!!!!!! Ha!!! Could I be any more full of cow poop? Ha!!!

RB

Oh, for you carb guys, try and see the enlarged pustuals/spikes on certain places on the carapace. Just freakin AWSOME!!!!!!!!

It looks sooooo ready for Tartar Sauce........ :)

But to ease some of your guilt.... :P

Here is an Archeogeron from Argentina I prepped.

post-1313-1243380059_thumb.jpg[

Be true to the reality you create.

Wow RJB,

Thats a really nice Avitelmesus Grapsoides. I have some from the other states that partly to mostly suck cow dung. Most concretions look great on the outside but are cracked and broken inside with flat and barely recognizable crabs in them. Some have sparkly stuff called pyrite in them but thats not crab dag nabbit!

Really nice crabs. The detail is amazing.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

RJB.......... That is a very beautiful fossil and very well prepped as usual...... Your right to pat yourself on the back and the rarity makes it even better..... I fully understand......I need to do some better photos of these but heres a coupler Upper Carb crabs seeing you mentioned us lol.....

Euproops danae (part & counterpart)

post-1630-1243413351_thumb.jpg

Bellinurus

post-1630-1243413374_thumb.jpg

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

RJB..heres a coupler Upper Carb crabs seeing you mentioned us lol.....post-1630-1243413374_thumb.jpg

Nice critters!

That did it...I going out for crab cakes fer lunch! :P

Be true to the reality you create.

RJB.........Ive 'swopped' some quite good ones in the past for stuff for my collection, so if I come across anything in the future, (hopefully another opencast as productive as Crockhey) I will let you know..... But dont count yer chickens ! lol

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

I hate to do this to you Frank, but here goes. Remember, you kinda asked for this. Id be cryin too man.

I know the guy who found this, he had another guy I know prep it out and it turned out to be one heck of a super nice 'muffin crab'! Im going to guess at this spelling, but its an Avitelmesus crab. Im not going to say what state this was found in, but not many folks know of this site. Just two that I know of. But the detail on this crab is truly amazing for this type of crab. Most of these come from alabama, georgia and mississippi I think, and ive not seen a good one from any of those states. anyways, get a load of this crab even those these photos dont show a finished prep job!!! Hey MB, what do you think, I still have one of these that I have to prep. Hard not to get a big head when you are "The Great RB"!!!!!!! Ha!!! Could I be any more full of cow poop? Ha!!!

RB

Oh, for you carb guys, try and see the enlarged pustuals/spikes on certain places on the carapace. Just freakin AWSOME!!!!!!!!

RB, still you have one for prep??????????????????????????

Reserve it for me please , please , I need it, and I know things about it and, and , and I want , please keep aside, we will do a deal, please.... :o

DONT DO IT NICHOLAS!!! Save yourself and your sanity!!! Ive invented new cuss words because of fossil crabs!!! The only good crab is a dead crab!!! Hold it, they are dead.... Ok, that one doesnt work but you get the idea.

RB

Boy, no kidding, I'm addicted to crab fossils and other crustaceana too, but they sure elict a love hatred relationship. You can put one heck of alot of time into prepping the and end up with something you'd throw on a pile. I collect and prep my specimens like the great and powerful OZ, oh I mean RB. Ha ha.

Wow! Ya'll are so lucky!! Great prep job guys!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'