isurus90064

New Mexico Collectors

isurus90064

Hello everyone,

I figured the only way to get a group of people from NM to come together is if one of us posts something New Mexicans can reply to. If you would like to send me an email with your contact info (email address) at my yahoo address (on my profile) then I will compile a list of everyone in NM ... I can then send out that list so everyone who emailed will have everyone else's contact info in NM .... maybe we can get some people together for a collecting trip. So far we have four (possibly 5) people on the list (it's a start :-)).

fossil_femme
.... maybe we can get some people together for a collecting trip. So far we have four (possibly 5) people on the list (it's a start :-)).

even if we can't get anyone else to participate, 3 or 4 is enough for a fossil hunt...

but hopefully we'll have some more joiners!

isurus90064

Hey FF, true ... and if we don't get more than 4 then we'll do with 4, although I am positive about potentially expanding that to 5 or 6. I'm talking to someone now who might participate as well. I wanted to talk to you and Will about what we could do for a trip or a gettogether in the next couple of months but I'll do that through regular email.

even if we can't get anyone else to participate, 3 or 4 is enough for a fossil hunt...

but hopefully we'll have some more joiners!

The Count of Cabezon

Hey there! I haven't been on the forums lately. I have been extremely busy with fieldwork, etc. I would be glad to join up with some New Mexicans to discuss possible trips/fossil collections/etc. sometime. A field trip would be even better! I frequent the Frontier restaurant and would be glad to meet up with anyone in Albuquerque. My schedule is a little tight, so that may be a problem. I sent an email to Will recently, if you need my email as well, let me know and I'll send it to you, Isurus.

I look forward to getting together and finding some fossils!

Geocacher

Me too, Im in on this. Even if newbie.

Edited by Geocacher

Bill

Geocacher, check the date of the post before yours ;)

Geocacher

I did understand when I posted how stale the conversation was, your response was the fruit I was looking for. Did any thing come about these posts?

Roadrunner

I've been metal detecting, rock, and fossil collecting for some time now. I'm north of Albuquerque, and south of Santa Fe.

There is also a gold prospectors club that I joined this year. Nice folks - and they meet once a month. I missed last weekends' Pilar trip, but it had to be.

:)

Edited by Roadrunner

ceeann1

Hi I am in Albuquerque, NM centrally located. Been collecting in a few places along the bluffs of the Rio Puerco and in the area just north of Pecos at the edge of the Santa Fe National forest. I am interested in more fossil collecting as well as crystals and other decoratives. I am not much interested in mineral specimens that will not lead to something "pretty". Fossils are a bit of an exception I guess... The antiquity of them is what I find amazing. I realize this may be a bit stale but perhaps there are those out there interested in an outing. I believe we are headed north of Rio Rancho next weekend looking for Ammonites. Drop me a line at ceeann1 <AT> yahoo.com if you are interested in caravaning.

ceeann1

well no replies that I found... we found some Ammonite imprints that are nice but no whole Ammonites... So perhaps another time!

BillG

I spent yesterday collecting in the Jemez Mountains near Guadalupe Box. Found crinoid parts, brachiopods, bryozoa and coral. Still cleaning samples.

Geocacher

I have been to the Jemez sites too. They remind me of other areas around Albuquerque. My greatest finds lately around here is what I believe to be coprolite and a brachiopod found outside of Albuquerque, NM at different sites. There are many other neat areas around too.

post-5706-0-98559200-1369578488_thumb.jpg

post-5706-0-25325500-1369578499_thumb.jpg

kgmc426

well no replies that I found... we found some Ammonite imprints that are nice but no whole Ammonites... So perhaps another time!

Hi, Bill G,

I'm an Albuquerque newbie, and just went to your place 4 miles above the Guadalupe Box. I found several things, none of which I know anything about. I am most interested in the fan-shaped impression in the center, but there are a few other things in the photo that I would like to know about. Is there anything here you can clue me in on?

post-12204-0-17243900-1371524033_thumb.jpg