Considering a trip to Point A Dam this coming week if anyone is interested

still looking

I am planning a trip to the dam this week, probably Wed(8-10) or Fri(8-12), if any one wants to meet up. This will be my first time and I noticed we may have some rain in the forecast. I realize, after reading some of the other posts, that this plays a part on the releasing of the dam. Does anyone know if the dam releases at a certain time each day or is it at various times when it reaches a certain level? Thanks!

Edited by still looking

I'm 10 miles from there and if we get the rain they are calling for might not be any need in going. Keep in mind though that I'm really new to looking for them there.

Also on on of the point a forums someone has posted a website that tells up to date water levels

I am new to it as well. I will try and search around for the water level info. There are quite a few posts on the dam so maybe I will come across it easily.

That is a great start because it shows me the website. Thank you Campbell I will check this out. Did the dam happen to release at all while you were there?

I saw where you were from Pensacola , have you ever found any teeth on the beach or in the bay? Some of our creeks and rivers combine and dump into Pensacola Bay.

We found a tooth last week out at Fort Pickens but I don't think it is shark but I don't know for sure. I thought it might be a large fish. Haven't tried the bay yet but will have try searching around there. I have been looking around on the maps for access points to rivers as well to see about trying my luck there. Figured it would be worth a shot.