Crabo's Galore! Wooooohoooooo!

RJB

Great collection, in the top right picture what is the long fossil?

Beauties! Thanks for the pics, now I know what a good crab concretion looks like. :)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Hey Nicholas. That was a concretion from the Santana Formation in northeastern brazil that I bought in Tucson some years ago and almost finished prepping. I cant remember the name of it, but i do have a book on that formation, but like all my other fossil stuff, its packed away still. A very bazar fish with elongated scales one after another!!! Cooler than cow poop if you ask me, plus, I think I got real lucky, ive never seen a better one and Ive seen alot of these.

RB

That is Vinctifer comptoni. It is one of the more common Santana Cretaceous fossil fish. It is often mislabled as Rhacolepis but the "elongated scales" are the key to ID.

As for the above, this is the first time I have seen so much celebration over a case of the crabs! :P

Be true to the reality you create.

awesome crabs RB, when you do get all your stuff on display you'll be able to charge admission and I'll be the first there to take it all in.

awesome crabs RB, when you do get all your stuff on display you'll be able to charge admission and I'll be the first there to take it all in.

RJB

between you mad Mr Micropterus i don't know who has more crabs he has taken over the mantle china hutch and the buffet of our home as well as the garage lol your trip up has really gotten Jason motivated all he thinks about is lofamastic (sp?) crabs,.

M.M. :faint:

i came saw drooled and collected

That's a sweet bunch of nodules you have there. I enjoy looking at those hidden treasures.

so i guess you actually like crabs, huh?

but seriously, those look tasty.

Freakin Fantastic, the crab collection of my dreams

Good work RB, nice Longusorbis!!!

Cephalopods rule!!

Im sure ive posted most of these photos before, but its been awhile, plus im bored and too tired to do any more building, so here some pics of some rocks that are in my collection. On some of the Orbito's you can see both eye stalks!!! wow!!!

RB

Hey RB

In your pic with all of the Orbitoplax (the top left shot as displayed on the site), what are the beasties in the right mid field that almost look like shrimp? Curious.

Also, is that your original Tumido that you found that showed the shadow highlite at the top of the conc. Don't think I saw the final complete specimen. That bugger sure came out super. Congrates....I hate you even more now. Ha ha.

Crabfossilsteve

You must get them all on display....... what a collection!!!!

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)