Now This One Is For Every Fossil Collector

lawooten

I am saving up my pennies. Next to, the six foot fence.

The place where you can pick up one of these beauties is on HYW 53/701 E. between Elizabethtown and White Lake in NC.

Also to google it Latitude - 34.649070 degrees and Longitude - 78.547036 degrees. If I remember correctly they where not priced high like I thought they would be. If I remember correctly, around $300.00 and we spent $125.00 on the dragon. You cannot miss the place b/c it is the size of a Wal-Mart Parking lot if not bigger. I think I have pics of other things they have. If I do, I will post them also.

post-764-1243567820_thumb.jpg

The best days are spent collecting fossils

Wow... do you think my neighbors would be freaked out if I put that in my front yard?

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Wow... do you think my neighbors would be freaked out if I put that in my front yard?

I don't have neighbors, So I want a whole herd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First you paint it to look real then yep I think the neighbors would freak out.

I don't have neighbors, So I want a whole herd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe they are $300.00 each not painted so ya you can have a herd of them if you want. lol

I believe they are $300.00 each not painted so ya you can have a herd of them if you want. lol

Where did you find those?

Here are others they have. Both of these are taller then my husband at five foot 10 inches but I cannot remember how much more. I will be going back soon to get my daughter a dolphin for her yard and paint it too. Painting these are not so easy b/c the canvass they present is quite rough. I should have sanded some parts of them like the faces on the Indian and the wizard before I painted them but I know for the next time. That triceratops texture is cool b/c you have the folds and texture of the skin. I would love to paint that one. Oh I revised the first post up top to include the place that these statues can be found.

post-764-1243609864_thumb.jpg

post-764-1243609913_thumb.jpg

They have plenty of them also. I need to check my files to see if I have more pics of the things they carry.

post-764-1243610095_thumb.jpg

post-764-1243610129_thumb.jpg

those are so cool! I want one of those Triceratops, but for me it would be $300 + $3000 for shipping, dang!

Forget the Lions on either side you the driveway, I want 2 Triceratops.

Too bad we could get a mold, I have some concrete in the garage.

I love the dino's but that Gargoyle is awesome!! I would love to put something like that in my garden. I bet he would be a great deterrent to the critters, for a while anyway.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Hey LA, what is the name of this place? I LOVE the detail on the triceratops, but you mentioned dolphins :drool: so I am willing to drive up there with a credit card and pickup truck....

Hey LA, what is the name of this place? I LOVE the detail on the triceratops, but you mentioned dolphins :drool: so I am willing to drive up there with a credit card and pickup truck....

JB Aurora

I am going to be going there within the week so how about if I get pics of dolphins and e mail them to you first to see if they have what you want? I forget the name of the place but I will get that to you also. I went on google earth and put in the GPS numbers I gave and you can see a lot of what they have from the road cameras on the google earth. But like I said I will get pics for you if you like and the sizes and prices if you would like also.

Linda

when the kids go by on their bikes they do a double take when they see this guy over the gate :o

post-713-1244149363_thumb.jpg

when the kids go by on their bikes they do a double take when they see this guy over the gate :o

Now that is cool and something my husband would like. What does the rest of the body look like?

Now that is cool and something my husband would like. What does the rest of the body look like?

unfortunately there isn't one. It's just a long neck about 10' high and very heavy. We do have others though and all the kids love em! and me too!

post-713-1244273810_thumb.jpg

post-713-1244273872_thumb.jpg

Now that is just to cool! Did you buy that or make it?

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Now that is just to cool! Did you buy that or make it?

Thanks! Wish I could make one....but these were bought. They are hard to find too. We have a pottery place here that we bought the trex and long neck from. They are all made

of concrete and weigh a ton. here's a few more

post-713-1244275401_thumb.jpg

post-713-1244275515_thumb.jpg

Ahhh, those are so cute! I wish I didn't live in such a lame town.

Alfred North Whithead

Guest solius symbiosus

ROTF That is great!

unfortunately there isn't one. It's just a long neck about 10' high and very heavy. We do have others though and all the kids love em! and me too!

post-713-1244273810_thumb.jpg

post-713-1244273872_thumb.jpg

Now where did you find that T Rex??????? I want all of them! So cool. Where do you live or better yet where can we get some of these? We are planning on doing a cross country collecting trip and could pick some up while on our way home maybe.

Now where did you find that T Rex??????? I want all of them! So cool. Where do you live or better yet where can we get some of these? We are planning on doing a cross country collecting trip and could pick some up while on our way home maybe.

I live in california...the name of the place where we got the T-rex and brontosaurus is Pottery Ect. 7441 Canoga Ave.

Canoga Park, Ca. 91303 phone is: (818) 704-0741. I also have the name of the company that makes them it's:

Lomeli's Statuary their in Lockeford, Ca and their phone is: (209) 367-1131.

Here is a link to 3 of the statues from Lomeli's - They are extremely well make alot of nice detail especially the

baby t-rex ( my favorite) It looks just like you would think a few months old t-rex would look like. Let me know

if you need any more info....Lisa

http://www.lomelisstatuary.com/7587_T-Rex_Dinosaur.php

http://www.lomelisstatuary.com/7589_Baby_T-Rex_Dinosaur.php

http://www.lomelisstatuary.com/7573_Bronto.php

Archived