My Spot Never Fails Me! :d

Crinoid Queen

Man I am so excited i went out Mon and Tue and in my creek bed a huge piece of beadrock lifted off of the dig site! These 3 r just the tip of what i found. Plus i found my first Platycrinites I Love those twisted stems of these guys they are so awsome. He is just a little guy but still rare! I think it is Platycrinites saffordi any one else have an idea of what genus he is. Of course i found another decadactalus i seem to find one of those every time i go out for some reason? The last one is very intreging i dont even have any idea to start on this one? I will post more pics of the rest of the stuff as i get it cleaned:D

post-1179-1243619060_thumb.jpg

post-1179-1243619078_thumb.jpg

post-1179-1243619095_thumb.jpg

It is now abundantly clear that you have a world-class site at your disposal! Congratulations!!

Be advised that, if it's location gets out, it could become badly exploited. Keep its location confidential (except for me, of course! :P ).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

What fantastic finds. Awesome details on those guys..

Congratulations!

Welcome to the forum!

Very nice specimens you found here. That third one I have also found and when you find out what it is, I would like to know. We hope to get to Alabama this fall to add to our collection. Are you able to get large slabs?

The best days are spent collecting fossils

yes tell no one of this site!!!! if you take anyone make sure they are blindfolded and stuffed into the trunk lol

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

I am so jealous! You have a great site there, definitely keep it quiet. Any pieces you want to trade or sell?

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

That site must be great! You're lucky to have one which produces such quality of fossils.

Very nice quality! I have to agree though about protecting that site...at least till you have collected all you want.. ;)

Be true to the reality you create.

What fantastic finds. Awesome details on those guys..

Congratulations!

Oh yea this is one of the best places in the US alot of the slabs come from Montgomery Co. Indiana. I have about 3 that have 4 or more i am still new at this though my BIG find is stil out there!!! Check out my other pics in my albums.

Guest solius symbiosus

That is some beautiful stuff you have been pulling from the creek. I would love to collect it.

Oh yea this is one of the best places in the US alot of the slabs come from Montgomery Co. Indiana. I have about 3 that have 4 or more i am still new at this though my BIG find is stil out there!!! Check out my other pics in my albums.

I have been searching in the gallery but cannot find yours.

Could you give me the link to your stuff please? :D

Welcome to the forum!

:cool: Nice finds! :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

LOL...Your creek bed? Don't see ya thanking or giving the person the credit who showed you this special creek ;) And your giving out too much info even when mentioning the county my dear friend..SSSHHHHH! Luv ya!

LOL...Your creek bed? Don't see ya thanking or giving the person the credit who showed you this special creek ;) And your giving out too much info even when mentioning the county my dear friend..SSSHHHHH! Luv ya!

lol :-P they dont know ya yet ^_^ but they will we r the dinamic duo of Crinoid Hunters

lol :-P they dont know ya yet ^_^ but they will we r the dinamic duo of Crinoid Hunters

Very true! That we are! :D

• 2 months later...

Hey

The unidentifyed one is a section of crown from a Barycrinus crassibrachiatus

I like crinoids......