Red Flag on another Rex tooth

Susan from PA

I sold this tooth on a popular auction site a week or two ago. It is a Tyrannosaurid indet. tooth found in the Two Medicine Formation, Glacier County, Montana. I listed it as such. The buyer chose to "flip" it and sell it as a T.rex tooth from Hell Creek, which it is not. Buyer beware! The seller has already been warned to change the listing, or I will contact the hosting site. Here is a my photograph:
post-20686-0-37620900-1471486589_thumb.jpg

Here is his:
post-20686-0-80744200-1471486622_thumb.jpg

Seller replied that he thought it was from Hell Creek, which I do not believe. This is a deliberate attempt to deceive collectors. Here is a screenshot of my description from the previous auction.
post-20686-0-51154200-1471486783_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

Sorry to hear that.. well if the buyer was confused with locality I'm sure he was not confused with the price he paid for that tooth, certainly not a T rex price. I hope he takes it down.

I will send him a note.

Unfortunately there has been a number of recent problems with listings. I see a number of Judith River Formation teeth misidentified and a possible Rex tooth that may not be one. So collectors please be cautious and ask us here if you plan to buy.

• I found this Informative 2

Sorry to hear that.. well if the buyer was confused with locality I'm sure he was not confused with the price he paid for that tooth, certainly not a T rex price. I hope he takes it down.

I will send him a note.

Unfortunately there has been a number of recent problems with listings. I see a number of Judith River Formation teeth misidentified and a possible Rex tooth that may not be one. So collectors please be cautious and ask us here if you plan to buy.

Lol! When was the last time someone purchased a T.rex tooth for $168? I wish I would have auctioned it off to benefit the forum! :(.

I did sent him a note telling I would report him and he immediately responded saying it's off.

Edited by Troodon

I did sent him a note telling I would report him and he immediately responded saying it's off.

Thanks so much! It's been removed. :).

This seller again.

I reported him before for flipping Dromaeosaurid teeth as Dakotaraptor. He's back at it quicker than I expected.

Gonna report him again for deliberate misrepresentation of fossils even though he's taken down the Tyrannosaurid. He's gonna scam as soon as the dust settles I tell you.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

This seller again.

I reported him before for flipping Dromaeosaurid teeth as Dakotaraptor. He's back at it quicker than I expected.

Gonna report him again for deliberate misrepresentation of fossils even though he's taken down the Tyrannosaurid. He's gonna scam as soon as the dust settles I tell you.

If that's his practice reporting is the only way. I now know who he is and will avoid future listings but will pay special attention for fraud. It's a shame what people do for a fast buck.