What is this (fossil?) found in Aveyron, France

Antonasaurus

I was fossil hunting in France on some hill a few years ago and found this interesting rock. I brought it home with me to Canada and remembered about it now. I have no idea what this could be. The only thing that gives it away is the smooth surface on the so called fossil. There seems to be two clams facing each other, but of completely different shapes. They are on opposite sides of the rock and don't seem likely to be a brachiopod.

image.jpeg

This is one side of the rock where there seems to be some sort of clam. The other thing is on the other side to the right, and this thing is on the left.

For some reason I am not allowed to upload any more photos. It says that I have already uploaded 2mb of storage. Maybe it will work later on an other device.

I am trying to. Maybe my internet is bad where I am. I am going to go somewhere else.

Here we go!

image.jpeg

I have no idea what there can be on this side. Again, the thing on the other side is under the matrix to the right of the dark gray surface.

I don't see any clam on the first pic, but let's wait for more knowledgeable's opinions. For the second pic, i do see the shape you're speaking about but when i try to zoom it, it is blurry.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg